Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What has to be the worst job?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What has to be the worst job?

cleaning the sewers? cleaning out public toliets?...

what do you think?...

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Wayne Rooney's prostitute.
    I like to think I could do many things if I could live on the wages and management were reasonable.

We should pay people more for jobs they do so we don't have to (toilet cleaning, etc.), it's almost barbaric that they are payed the least.
    Supply and demand though, always the problem.

There can only ever be one CEO so he (and it's always a he) can claim that he's special and deserves millions of pounds a year. There will always be millions of care home assistants or toilet attendants and, if one walks out, they can be replaced. Hence they get crap working conditions and the minimum wage.

How we can change this, I'm not sure. Staple the thieving CEOs to a wall and flay them and you'll just get new thieves to take their place. Human nature has always been like that.
    To be honest, I'd rather be a toilet cleaner or a care worker than do something mind numbingly dull that you never see any results from.
    I've thought long and hard about this, and decided on the job where people have to sit in the cabins on tolls to collect people's money. I can imagine it being lonely, with lots of pollution and not much job satisfaction or variety :(
    I used to work at Stage Door for a theatre and that used to be very dull. Couldn't take breaks but sometimes did 12 hour shifts and didn't talk to anyone.

Having said that, it's a great way to get essays done!
  • Olly_BOlly_B Posts: 222 Trailblazer
    This job - just for what you have to do to get to work. The video makes me a feel a little sick...
    http://www.iviewtube.com/videos/167824/climbing-up-the-tallest-antenna-tower-1,768-feet

Olly
    To be honest I think it's more to do with the organisation and your colleagues and manager that makes the difference. I've had jobs that sound terrible that were actually okay. I used to do telesales for paper receipt rolls but it was a laugh and management were supportive and not pressurising/ I've had to handle meat despite being veggie in catering but colleagues were great / shelf stacking at Sainsbury's was mind numbingly boring and got abuse off customers but colleagues were fun. Worst job ever was working at Next which doesn't sound that bad but manager was an abusive bitch who ignored our basic rights like breaks made us stay late for unpaid overtime nightly, was horrible, would do midnight finishes followed by 5am starts on the schedule, didn't let us have time off to get food during the 8+ hour shifts, basically treated us like crap and made me cry loads.
    Working as a furrier, butcher or pedicurist is the worst for me.
    Any job where you spend all day clock-watching.
    My worst job to date has been an admin job, it was too boring.
    Data entry was so boring. There are only so many boxes I can draw before it becomes too boring.
    Journalist for NOTW?
    the bloke who was today kicking the poo and toilet roll that exploded out of the sewer by my flat today back into the sewer with his boots. I was gagging. I think that is a pretty horrible job.
    the bloke who was today kicking the poo and toilet roll that exploded out of the sewer by my flat today back into the sewer with his boots. I was gagging. I think that is a pretty horrible job.

I guess with a job like that you get used to the smell... or you're one of those people that have reduced smell anyway which would help with a job like that!