Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Legal highs - survey about your knowledge

**helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
Hello, we got an email from the following earlier this week and so I checked out the survey and have decided it is worth checking out for those of you who have an interest. Take a look at the following and then spare ten minutes if you can. :thumb:

I'm a researcher at the Institute of Psychiatry, King’s College London. I'm looking to recruit people for a survey that is trying to find out what young people know about legal highs. This survey is part of a study that is looking at different ways of giving information about legal highs to young people. We want to know about your current level of knowledge, current sources of information about legal highs, what type of information you would like, and how you would like to receive it (e.g., SMS, social networking sites, websites). We also want to find out about your current use and attitudes towards legal highs and other drugs.

You can get to the survey by following this link:
http://www.legalhighsurvey.eu/

It should take about 10 minutes to complete and is easy to use. All of your responses will be completely anonymous and confidential.

There is a second part of the study where some people may be contacted (if you choose to provide contact details) for some online focus groups. If you don’t want to be involved in the focus groups, then that is okay – we still want you to take part in the survey.

This survey will be online from 6 June 2011 to 6 August 2011. It's open to young people between the ages of 16 and 24.

If you have any questions please contact me (zoe.davey@kcl.ac.uk) or you can visit the project website https://www.rednetproject.eu
Thanks
Zoe

This study has received ethical approval from King's College London Psychiatry Nursing and Midwifery Research Ethics Subcommittee (Ref: PNM/10/11-85)

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Some of us are too old, is that a serious problem?

Also, not that I'm being picky, but they do lump GBL in with the 'spice' chemicals and mephedrone on their site, and although it was used as a replacement after GHB was banned, I wouldn't really put it in the same group as the others were specifically designed to avoid the current laws.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    budda wrote: »
    Some of us are too old, is that a serious problem?

Also, not that I'm being picky, but they do lump GBL in with the 'spice' chemicals and mephedrone on their site, and although it was used as a replacement after GHB was banned, I wouldn't really put it in the same group as the others were specifically designed to avoid the current laws.

Looks like they're only after 16-24 year olds for this one I'm afraid - thanks for that feedback as well, we will pass it on to them :)

Also, just wanted to bump this thread as they're still looking for responses if anyone has a few mins to spare!

Cheers :)