Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Can you find Magic Mushrooms growing naturally in the West Midlands area?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi, this is something I want to try, but I don't have access or contact with people like dealers andif I'm honest, I don't want to either. I'd like to be able to find some magic mushrooms in the West Midlands area (specifically Coventry) and I want to know what season/weather they're most likely to bloom in?

I know what they look like, and I know that there are some poisonous ones to look out for, but I want to know if you can like.. find them in random fields or near woods or something? I don't live near any sheep farm, just near some horses..

I'm under the impression they appear in damp weather, but I could be wrong. I apologise if I come across as really naive, but I just don't have the patience to sit through longarse articles about the chemistry behind them and stuff....

:D

Comments

• Options
    in the autumn, but i wouldnt hold out too much hope. Most farmers spray their land for fungus so theyre not that easy to find anymore unless you live up in scotland or wales or up north I think
  • Options
    Does it have to be a farm, though? >.<
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    Yes, you can definately.

They're a piece of cake to find. They grow all over the country. This idea that Wales is the only place to pick them is false. I get them in my back garden and in the field beyond.

In the case of Liberty Caps look for grasslands in rural areas from mid-end of sept through to start of nov.

Wavy caps grown on wood chips and mulch and can be found even in urban flower beds.

Flay Agaric are probably the easiest to find, they grow anywhere near silver birch trees. These are little different from the others in that they contain musicimol rather than psilocybe.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Interesting. lol.

Fly Agaric: I thought they were poisonous? Or have I been playing too much Metal Gear Solid 3..
  • Options
    I thought Fly Agaric were poisonous, too (from my archaeological days, probably best not to ask) - I would imagine all 'magic' varieties need very careful handling and preparation.
  • Options
    Threxy wrote: »
    Interesting. lol.

Fly Agaric: I thought they were poisonous? Or have I been playing too much Metal Gear Solid 3..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mAlpI58qww

I've had them plenty of times. Does give you gut ache, but as long as your careful they're alright. It's just that they come from the same family of mushrooms as some of the most deadly.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    You can def find them in the West Midlands, sure you want to take them though?
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    katralla wrote: »
    You can def find them in the West Midlands, sure you want to take them though?

Good question... worth taking on board the following from our factsheet which I'm sure you've seen already ;)
    The law and magic mushrooms:

The Drugs Act 2005 changed the law so that now both fresh and prepared (e.g. dried or stewed) magic mushrooms are classified as Class A drugs. Possession can get you up to seven years in jail and an unlimited fine. Supplying someone else with magic mushrooms can get you life and an unlimited fine.
    Magic mushrooms are also known as:

Mushies, magics, shrooms, caps and buttons.
    If you're planning to take magic mushrooms:

* Bad trips are more likely to occur with users who are in an unfamiliar environment, depressed or mentally unstable.
    * If you have taken magic mushrooms and you feel unwell, go straight to hospital with a sample and explain what's happened.
    * Eating the wrong type of mushroom is a real danger. Many mushrooms which look like magic mushrooms are poisonous.
  • Options
    Fly Agrics are still completely legal. :D
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    They're easy to find, but you've got to be careful you pick the right ones...I always let my pal who has been picking them for years collect them because i was paranoid i'd pick poisonous ones.

Don't treat them lightly either. Taking magic mushrooms can be a very powerful experience. Company and surroundings are key to have a good trip.
  • Options
    IDign Liberties is easy. Not much you can get them mixed up with. Same with Fly's.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Yeah, I've heard the risks and I'm aware they are illegal.

I know this is an unlikely'ish event but what if you have already ate them and you get, say, stopped by the police? Can they arrest you for it even though you've already taken them? If you don't say whether or not you've taken them.. just asking because I have bad luck in regards to these things like that.

But yeah. Thanks for all the information. x I'll do a bit more research.
  • Options
    No you won't be prosecuted for having them in your system, though I wouldn't be to keen on bumping into any gavers whilst high on shrooms.

My advice would be to take them with somebody who's taken them before if possible, and I certainly wouldn't do them alone. Do them in the day time, in safe surroundings (we always do them in the forest) and allow plenty of time to for the trip. They can last for quite a long time.
    Weekender Offender