Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Where are you going on holiday?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I'm going to Blackpool in September. People knock the place, but I love it.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Next week im going to Great Yarmouth for 5 days with my girlfriends then the week after that im going to Paris for 5 days with the family! :D
    I might go abroad over the summer, dont know where yet though.
    I've spent two weeks in UK.
    Fantastic time. :>
    Nowhere.

My family don't do holidays and I have no friends or girlfriend :yeees:
    At some point in October I am going somewhere in Europe. I am going to drag CCH with me, whether he likes it or not.
    I'm sat in the transit lounge at LAX, making my way back from New Zealand :( don't think I'll be going anywhere for a little while!
    Hong Kong!
    SOUTH OF FRANCE. THIS WEDNESDAY. WITHOUT CHILDREN :hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:
    and also driving up to scotland for a few days in august, and going to centreparcs for a week in october
    Can't afford a holiday this year :( Usually go to a festival in August but it's the same weekend as my sister's wedding so even that's off the agenda!
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    London (8 nights)
    Newcastle (3 nights)
    Edinburgh (No nights)

I'll probably go to a village in Euboea (which until now I thought was written as "Evia" in English) too, which I love because of the nature around it.
    Florida :hyper:
    Nice to see people doing UK holidays :).
    I'm hoping to go somewhere hot next year.
    UK holidays are good, especially if you are lucky enough to pick a week its sunny.

I love blackpool too, until I run out of 2ps, so I could only manage to stay a day lol.
    uk breaks are fine if there is stuff to do if the weather turns shit
    I am going to Maine and Boston in August for 10 days - probably somewhere else later in the year as well - maybe around a wedding in new york in November

However more excitingly George your coming to london - a site mini meet?
    What about a maxi meet? I don't have a job I can drink in the Met Bar all day.
    I'm going to Butlins in Skegness. Then Blackpool. Finally Morecambe. Maybe Bognor.
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    I'm going to Wales. :D
    piccolo wrote: »
    What about a maxi meet? I don't have a job I can drink in the Met Bar all day.

w00t another meet :D
    Tunisia next week with my girlfriend. :)
    I've booked 2 weeks in September, but I don't know where I'm going yet. Thinking Indonesia, but it might end up being Thailand or Laos.

Got a wedding in Canada in January, so I'm going to Japan for 9 days on the way. Christmas Day in Saigon, Boxing Day in Kyoto, New Year's Day in Tokyo, start of January in Toronto. :yippe:

Then in February, I have to cycle the length of Vietnam.
    South Africa :)

I'm going on my holidays to south africa - Can't wait!!
    I've been told about a place in Crete called Palaiochora.

It's gay and veggie friendly, has clean beaches, places for hiking and gorge walking and apparently has a few hippies living there. From what I've been told anyway...

I've not been on holiday is yeeaaaarrrsss... So if I can afford it, I'll go next year. :)
    Going to Hong Kong in a few hours. Can't wait. I have no idea what to do though. I don't even have a hotel.
    Going to Hong Kong in a few hours. Can't wait. I have no idea what to do though. I don't even have a hotel.

I'll be there in 3 weeks! :hyper:
    We're going to Canada in September.
    JavaKrypt wrote: »
    I'll be there in 3 weeks! :hyper:

If you're here on a Wednesday make sure you go to the races. I reslly wanted to but the race season doesn't start until next week. Plenty of stuff to do though and nearly all of it is free.
    If you're here on a Wednesday make sure you go to the races. I reslly wanted to but the race season doesn't start until next week. Plenty of stuff to do though and nearly all of it is free.

Hmm, got anymore info/links? My friend is from HK so he should know about it, but just in case he doesn't, we could check it out.
    I just picked up a leaflet in the airport called "walks" which had some good stuff.

Honestly though, I've been a bit disappointed. I went to Singapore a few weeks ago and I left there with tonnes of stuff I still wanted to do. It's my last day in Hong Kong tomorrow and there's nothing I'm desperate to see. Other than one meal, the food has been average. And I've been going to places recommended by travel journalists. And the one thing you don't hear to much about is the pollution. In fact I looked it up last night and Hong Kong is second only to Guangzhou as the most polluted Chinese city. This ruins attractions like the Peak Tram because all you get are some hazy pictures of skyscrapers poking out of the smog. The view across the harbour is the same. I even went to the New Territories expecting some fresher air, but it was only a tiny bit better. The art museum was pretty good but half of it was closed for renovations. The markets are really good. Didn't really bother with the nightlife. The architecture is obviously a highlight. And I'm guessing that having a local to show you around wil be much better. Especially if they speak Cantonese.

But overall, I think I'll be going back to Singapore long before I come back here.