Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

How do i tell them

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I want to tell me family that im bisexual but i dont wanna hurt them incase there not supporting of me being bisexual :/

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi Shellbaby,

First of all I think it's worth saying that most gay and bisexual men and women worry about coming out and in particular how family & friends will react; it's a perfectly normal reaction to what is undoubtedly a big step in an LGB person's life.

You might want to check out our article on Coming Out. One thing it raises that there are lots of different ways of actually telling someone about your sexuality so it's all about finding the way that you feel most comfortable with in your particular situation.

There are also lots of great organisations out there that provide advice and support to people who are coming out, like Stonewall, The Lesbian & Gay Foundation, the London Lesbian & Gay Switchboard and the Terrence Higgins Trust. They've got loads of advice and different ways that they can support you through the process.

And don't forget that we're all here too and will support you in the little way that we can through these boards.

I think you deserve a hug! *hug*

Will.
    Thank you for the advice sorry about the late reply lol :) i apperciate the hug to haha :) xx
    You could try it with metaphors. Go to your mum and ask her what's for dinner, and say, "Mom, I don't mind if it's sausage OR clams. I am fine with both and not just tonight. FOREVER!!!", try to place emphasis and rising eyebrows over the culinary terms to suggest the ambiguous meanings.

If she doesn't look at it and says "good to know, but it's porridge tonight." just tell her that you are bisexual and go to your room and just do the usual girl things you do (you are a girl right?)