Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Arrested for being Drunk & Incapable?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Meh.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Crap, just wrote a reply and lost it.

I'd take it more as a caution, because if you were being arrested, they WOULD take your full details, you'd have to go the police station (either after, or in your case, once you've sobered up and can go to the police station another day) and fill in paperwork and have your charges explained to you. Normally too your parents would be informed [which is your right to have somebody informed of your arrest] if they knew your name/address/contact number, since you were reported missing that's doubtful.

You can always check your criminal record if you're worried.
    Oh, I know I don't have an actual criminal record - I wasn't charged/cautioned nor given a fixed penalty notice, fingerprinted, asked to sign anything, interviewed, nothing. I guess an objective way of looking at it would be the police just came, stayed for a while, then just left.

However I'm concerned more on the 'intelligence' side (which can be used in enhanced CRBs), because when I sobered up and had to talk to this mental health worker, she showed me this handwritten medical report (whatever, it was a piece of paper anyways) about my stay, and they described me as aggressive/resistant to treatment/agitated to police + staff, one of the police officers even threatened to arrest me for Drunk & Disorderly and Assault, the latter is absolute bs and untrue (I never laid my hands on anyone), but the fact he didn't officially arrest me proves that I didn't.

I'd like to eventually put this mishap 100% behind me and not have it prop up some day in the future, but I have some sort of paranoia about it, even though it's highly unlikely. However, after speaking to the police involved in my apparent 'disappearance', all I told them was that the police called an ambulance on me for drunkeness, but that was it - no details. Not that I have anything to hide, but yeah. You can't check your own record I don't think?
    I wouldn't worry about it. And you can get your own CRB, its just you usually go through an employer, since they cover costs generally.
    Hello there,

I doubt this will come back to bite you in anyway. I was saddened to hear they didn't treat you very well, and i hope you make a complaint about the people who mistreated you, as they will just do the same to someone else.

I saw you posted in the thread about self harm, and it's down right dangerous to mistreat someone so vulnerable. I really hope you can find the strength to take action.

Please don't feel too sad.
    Threxy: what exactly is your beef?

It sounds like you got pissed to the point of concern and had to be taken to hospital by the police because you were a mess. You should write the police and nurses thank you letter for picking you up out gutter and making sure your sorry ass was OK.
    Threxy: what exactly is your beef?

It sounds like you got pissed to the point of concern and had to be taken to hospital by the police because you were a mess. You should write the police and nurses thank you letter for picking you up out gutter and making sure your sorry ass was OK.

Blehhhhh.
    Given that you told half the story, are you surprised that people made assumptions?
    Yeah, considering that wasn't the original point in the thread. I didn't ask for feedback on the actual event. I even slightly addressed that in my OP.

Perhaps if it was "omg y did they do this to me", I could understand people making posts and assuming, but yeah, anyways.
    Being detained for being drunk and incapable won't show up on a police check unless they recorded your details (which you say they didn't) and recorded those on the local system (which is unlikely in this instance), and hospital/medical records aren't disclosable to anyone anyway.
    What WhoWhere said.

If you just got detained, and then later had a mental health assessment then there's nothing that will come up in any future checks.

If you'd been detained further as a result of the outcome of the mental health assessment, then there is the potential that you might have it show on some future check but from what you've said that isn't the case.
    Think of it as a lucky escape, perhaps the activity of the police wasn't what it should have been expected to be, but disregarding that it is advisable to try and stop getting in such a state next time.
    Alright, yeah, thanks that's good to know.
    Think of it as a lucky escape, perhaps the activity of the police wasn't what it should have been expected to be, but disregarding that it is advisable to try and stop getting in such a state next time.
    Well, it's not like I get drunk very often, I rarely do and I was a bit depressed at the time, none of it was because I was "having a laugh". I kinda wish I was. But yeah, advice noted, I definitely do not intend to end up in that situation again.
    Hey there Threxy,

Sounds like you went through a appalling time with the police; however, you say that you don't intend to do this again.

It seems as if the question you had has been answered by a few of the other users; so I won't go into that here. But I just wanted to add that you could try putting this behind you now and learning from the situation.

You say that you were depressed at the time you got drunk. You don't have to answer the following questions on here if you don't want to; but it may be an idea to think about why you were depressed in the first place and why you turned to alcohol to deal with the issues. You may like to talk about this with someone you trust; a family member of friend.

If you would prefer talking to someone independent, you can call the Samaritans on 08457 90 90 90. They can provide confidential and non-judgemental emotional support 24 hours a day.

Hope this helps.

:)