Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Growing your own cannabis

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I don't understand how this could be agaisnt the rules, but do please remove it if it is, without infraction please.

Basically, at another location than the one i'm posting on for security reasons. I want to grow my own high quality cannabis, for my own personal use as i'm sick of paying £10 for 1.4 grams.

I've got "Big Bang 2" seeds, which are all 100% Feminised and a load of other crap the shop sold them to me as, all i know is that they're good. But does anyone have any tips or anything, my plans was to grow them in the bath, with a special bulb fitted in the bathroom, and a carbon based filter for the smell and a fan for the window.

Apart from that, I've got no idea how to cultivate the best weed.

Disclaimer: This isn't with any intent to supply, or sell. Purely for my own personal use. As the money i'd save from buying weed would be enough :)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If you grow it in the bath, where you going to wash?
    There are 3 full sized bathing rooms in this house :), and i have on suit toilet shower in my bedroom.
    Just as a point of information, the amount of energy it takes to provide the necessary light and heat is (1) very expensive, and (2) easily detectable as a change in usage by your provider, so you need to be aware that even if your plants can't be seen the cultivation can be discovered.

Also, I don't know the law about intent to supply in detail but I understand that it is based on quantity not declared intent so you might want to familiarise yourself with the letter of law in case you are caught.
    If you're growing it you'll be charged and prosecuted with intent to supply and you will struggle to convince the magistrates or a jury that you weren't intending to supply. If you're convicted of intent to supply then the proceeds of crime act can kick in, which costs you a fortune as well as the criminal punishment.

As piccolo said, cultivation can- and often is- detected through other means rather than spying through your bedroom window. It's not apocryphal that the police have caught people during snowy weather because of the lack of snow on the roof; utility suppliers would also question the spike in usage.

Also bear in mind that, if you're renting your home, it will be against your tenancy agreement to cultivate drugs and you'll be evicted if your landlord ever finds out.
    If he's caught with a few plants and bit of equipment he won't be charged with intent to supply, not without it weighed and bagged anyway. Filling a bathtub with plants isn't going use up industrial amounts of electricity and when people get caught using massive amounts it's usually because they steal the electricity to power a large operation. To grow his own at cheaper than £10/1.4 grams isn't going to use a lot of electricity, even if he wants schizophrenia by the end of the decade.

OP: download the Cannabis Grow Bible.
    I've seen people charged with it, and prosecuted for it, with only a couple of plants. It depends on the police and the CPS in each individual case, I agree, but it's a risk if you're caught.
    If it's for personal use, stick to one/two plants at a time, building your growing confidence, while not running higher risks?
    Thanks, i have researched and learnt the law on this. Allthough some useful tips.
    With the lighting, and smell thing, the bathroom we're growing it in is underground so to speak, and electricity is charged on one of those pen things, not sure if they'll still notice that? But still, if worst comes to worst, i'll invest in Solar panels to power for it.

Although from my original question was more looking for tips on how to help the weed grow. How to water it, when to water it, what to notice for it if starts dying, how to keep the plants looking and growing well :)
    It depends on your level you want to work at. I remember researching this years ago with the use of Hydroponic systems (I don't remember the site I checked because I ordered a brochure instead lol), which are amazing kits, but they can be expensive/even DIY. Check this site out: http://www.weedfarmer.com/cannabis/

They can still track your electricity use based on a key (its what I have, and many do now), it still goes to the main system by your provider and is logged. Even when the electric company come and check the system itself, they can see the rise and fall.
    if it's just for a couple of plants do you need all the extra bits? Can they not just go with natural light and heat? (my plant growing skills of the drug variety is none existent as is my knowledge....)
    Im sure if your caught growing anything over 7 plants then its intent to supply but thats if your caught, best bit of advise any1 could give you is dont tell any1 and I mean any1.
    If your growing in soil then you cant really mess it up as all you really have to do is water it every 2/3 days, make sure all the soil is wet and the water drips threw the holes at the bottom of pot, repot once roots are coming threw the bottom.
    If you repot properly then you wont need to start adding feed till its
    As long as you get the light cycle sorted then thats the main thing I usually do 20/4 for 4/5 weeks then onto 12/12 for around 6/7 weeks but then all depends on what strain your growing.
    Just remember its only a plant so only really needs light and water.
    Best thing someone who wasnt me did was start growing his own as its saved a good few dollars and the quality is so much better, and no more getting skanked from dodgy dealers.
    Anyways good luck on the grow.
    cassidy04 wrote: »
    all you really have to do is water it every 2/3 days, make sure all the soil is wet and the water drips threw the holes at the bottom of pot, repot once roots are coming threw the bottom.
    If you repot properly then you wont need to start adding feed till its
    As long as you get the light cycle sorted then thats the main thing I usually do 20/4 for 4/5 weeks then onto 12/12 for around 6/7 weeks but then all depends on what strain your growing.
    Just remember its only a plant so only really needs light and water.

Perfect was exactly what i was looking for :) Thank you for thee advice.
    Might be interesting to find how this turns out?