Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

possible eczema?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi guys, just a question:

for the past 4/5 weeks i've been getting a red, hot, itchy rash on my chest/collarbone and spreading up my neck to my face. It's blotchy and kinda 'burns' when i itch it.

It seems to only be appearing on a thur/fri randomly :/ It flares up in the morning and then goes away and comes back late afternoon.

In between the skin where the rash was is dry and flaky.

It's not a major issue, i'd just like to know what this is!

any opinions, let me know. I'll try get a pic if i can when it comes back!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It could be Eczema, and their is a cream for it, which you could get from any pharmacy, you may also want to check it, by calling the NHS helpline? They may be able to advise you on what to do!! *hug*'s
  • LauraOLauraO Posts: 535 Incredible Poster
    :wave: Skakitty,

Have you had a look at the info sheet on TheSite about eczema?. As dot dot said you could also call NHS direct or check out NHS Choices online but the best idea would be to pop and see your doctor as it may be something different, and best to get it checked out rather than self-diagnose.

Might also be good to think about what you do or what you eat and drink on Thursdays and Fridays that maybe different to any other days? Or are you more likely to be stressed on those days?

LauraO
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Is it the same thing that you can sometimes get with dried and worn out elbow skin, or am I thinking of something else? Just sounds a bit similar.