Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

could it be a panic attack??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi there, for the past couple of weeks, now and again my heart feels like it beats real hard
feels like it will rip out my chest, and i can feel it when it happens at the bottom of my throat
makes me loose my breathe for a while
also been having pains now and again that lasts a couple of seconds on ym left side

any ideas??

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Could be, could be something else, best get things like that checked out.
  • LauraOLauraO Posts: 535 Incredible Poster
    G-Raffe wrote: »
    Could be, could be something else, best get things like that checked out.

:yes: it is a sensible idea to go to see someone about this lil_krissy. It could be a panic attack, but as G-Raffe said it could be something else too, so best to talk about it with a GP.

Are you feeling particularly stressed at the moment, or have things on your mind that are worrying you and could be leading to your feeling a sense of panic? There is some good information on TheSite about panic attacks and how to manage and try to reduce them. It's really important to be eating and sleeping properly and make sure you have some relaxation time.

Having said that it is still really advisable to get it checked out. Do you think you could book an appointment and speak to a Doctor about it?