Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Who are your favorite news pundits?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Whether on radio, podcast or television. It'll also help me, personally, if you can perhaps list off any reasons why you favor these particular pundits.

My personal favorites are Glenn Beck (a lot of you already probably know that I have a mancrush on him), John Stossel, Andrew Napolitano, Greg Gutfeld, Steven Crowder, Lee Doren, Mike Trivisonno, Michael Medved, and Dennis Prager. And I guess if I have to pick a liberal, I do watch Jon Stewart on occasion, even though he's just a comedian. Reason being that he's actually pretty fair in comparison to windbags like Keith Olbermann and Rachel Maddow. I have a hard time sitting and digesting a straight hour of "Anyone who disagrees with me is a racist, homophobic, gun-totin' religious zealot hillbilly deep in the pockets of Big Oil!"

The majority of the people I listed are Libertarians, which matches up relatively well to my own personal beliefs, so that's part of the reason I like them. But there's also people like Dennis Prager, whom I disagree with on a number of subjects. Reason being that these are individuals who often do their homework very thoroughly on a subject before speaking about it. What I look for in a newscaster is someone who can provide facts that aren't commonly purported in the mainstream media.

So, let me know what you guys look for when tuning in (or not tuning in) to a particular speaker.

Comments

• Options
    Rachel Maddow is brilliant and Glenn Beck scares the shit out of me....

Jon Stewart we can agree on.

We don't really have the same 'pundit' culture here in the UK I'm not sure there's anyone comparable.
  • Options
  • Options
    I know who these people that you talk of are, but I dont think I have enough access to them in the UK to be able to form a reasonable judgement. Though I can broadly agree with you.