Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

HAARP and Japan?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
New NASA research points to possible HAARP connection in Japan earthquake, tsunami

Friday, June 10, 2011 by: Ethan A. Huff, staff writer

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/032670_Fukushima_HAARP.html#ixzz1PlcBNRl0

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    This is just a conspiracy theory.

Why would HAARP target Japan? Why not target far less friendly countries like North Korea, Iran etc?

Also, if you are targeting high frequency to an area that cause earthquakes, why is there no proof of the impact on biological life? If you can cause rock to move under high frequency, imagine what it could do to that piece of 'blancmange' that is called the brain?

Furthermore, the article referred to in 'Technology Review' doesn't even mention HAARP. http://www.technologyreview.com/blog/arxiv/26773/
    Seem's plausible, but we'll never find out the truth, unless there's a massive leak of information. Which i doubt would ever happen, because it'd probably start a war.
    Fuuubar wrote: »
    Seem's plausible
    So is time travel - but it's not going to happen.
    but we'll never find out the truth

Which is what conspiracy theorists thrive on.
    unless there's a massive leak of information. Which i doubt would ever happen, because it'd probably start a war.

Why not? There is always someone with either a conscience - or a political reason to become a whistle blower. That's how the Russians got nuclear secrets to build a bomb .. or more recently, the Wikileaks scenario. Something this 'big' (allegedly) cannot be kept quiet forever.
    J@ke wrote: »
    So is time travel - but it's not going to happen.
    It's all a matter of building the technology to do it, I'm sure it won't happen mainly because of time paradox's which would nearly always happen if travelling to the past. But that's a different discussion, by plausible i meant it wouldn't surprise me if the HAARP technology could induse earthquakes, and that america would use it for their own gain.
    Although, what i highly doubt is they'd use it to cause mass death to civilians.
    Which is what conspiracy theorists thrive on.
    You're right, but you think we ever find out the truth on most things, unless things do get leaked although i'm sure it'd still be watered down, and some facts hidden.
    Why not? There is always someone with either a conscience - or a political reason to become a whistle blower. That's how the Russians got nuclear secrets to build a bomb .. or more recently, the Wikileaks scenario. Something this 'big' (allegedly) cannot be kept quiet forever.
    True, but no matter how big your conscience is, leaking something like that would cause far more harm, than actual good, which would be something that'd play on your conscience more i'd say, that's if you lived. This 'big' i only consider it big because, if proven America did attack Japan with this, and caused a lot of problems in Japan, i'm pretty sure Japan would be pissed off enough to retaliate and shit would go down.

Although, this is just my 2 cents as i don't know enough about any of this to base a firm opinion.
    if proven America did attack Japan with this, and caused a lot of problems in Japan, i'm pretty sure Japan would be pissed off enough to retaliate and shit would go down.

I think that is the crux of the argument. Japan is one of the most technology advanced nations on Earth and if anyone can find a link between HAARP and the earthquake, it would be the Japanese. So again, I ask, what benefit would the US have in using HAARP against the Japanese, an ally, and with the US having thousands of troops stationed there? If it was for testing purposes, why not use it on North Korea?

The Technology Review paper even states a cause for this : "These kinds of observations are consistent with an idea called the Lithosphere-Atmosphere-Ionosphere Coupling mechanism. The thinking is that in the days before an earthquake, the great stresses in a fault as it is about to give cause the releases large amounts of radon.

The radioactivity from this gas ionises the air on a large scale and this has a number of knock on effects. Since water molecules are attracted to ions in the air, ionisation triggers the large scale condensation of water.

But the process of condensation also releases heat and it is this that causes infrared emissions." etc etc

Lithosphere-Atmosphere-Ionosphere Coupling theory is part of the study of seismo-electromagnetics. Which country is at the forefront of these studies? Japan!

C'mon. If HAARP was going to do something like this, they wouldn't go head to head with the leaders in seismo-electromagnetic research, would they?
    When you put it like that i completely agree.
    Bread's still not £50 a loaf. Just sayin'.

:D
    I miss Rolly ;)
    Those damned lizard people at it again eh?
    :eek: It says something about how quiet P&D has become that anyone is actually debating this topic...
    :eek: It says something about how quiet P&D has become that anyone is actually debating this topic...

A couple of people are debating it. The rest of us seem to be taking the Michael! :D
    A couple of people are debating it. The rest of us seem to be taking the Michael! :D

Obviously, I haven't quite realised yet that Mr Rolly's posting are somewhat eccentric. :)
    Obviously, I haven't quite realised yet that Mr Rolly's posting are somewhat eccentric. :)

Haha, Rolly's lovely but full of just about every conspiracy theory going. He sits somewhere between Alex Jones and David 'Lizard Man' Icke. :D