Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

help i am underage but she is overage :/

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It's a message board for young people from all backgrounds, including some people who have been sexually abused or assaulted.

It's not fucking 4chan, cretin.

Cretin, when did personally insult you? There's no need for that.
    Seriously, if that joke upset someone they shouldn't leave the house, and shouldn't use technology.
    But i'll take back what i said, inappropriate.
  • Options
    Fuuubar wrote: »
    But i'll take back what i said, inappropriate.

Thank you. Offence is subjective, of course, but this is a community of young people some of whom have difficult backgrounds and there are subjects that we avoid joking about for courtesy reasons. Rape is one of them.

You have obviously understood that since you've taken it back, thanks again.
  • Options
    Seriously, if that joke upset someone they shouldn't leave the house, and shouldn't use technology.

Alternatively, they should avoid places full of idiots who find that funny. OH WAIT :yeees:.
  • Options
    Alternatively, they should avoid places full of idiots who find that funny. OH WAIT :yeees:.

What this all comes down to the fact i'm complete desensitised to most things, there's nothing much i'd find shocking or surprising. And i'd always rather laugh, than look at the darker side of things. Although i can completely understand why people would find it upsetting or just not funny. When i originally posted, I didn't think admittedly further than har har, but still I've apologized for it, i would remove the comment but there's no point since i've been quoted like 5 times.
    So again just to make it clear, i apologize for making a inappropriate joke about something alluding to rape.
    Although i'll still stand by the fact it's not the worst thing on the internet.
  • Options
    What this all comes down to the fact i'm complete desensitised to most things, there's nothing much i'd find shocking or surprising. And i'd always rather laugh, than look at the darker side of things. Although i can completely understand why people would find it upsetting or just not funny. When i originally posted, I didn't think admittedly further than har har, but still I've apologized for it, i would remove the comment but there's no point since i've been quoted like 5 times.
    So again just to make it clear, i apologize for making a inappropriate joke about something alluding to rape.
    Although i'll still stand by the fact it's not the worst thing on the internet.

The point is that it's never funny. Ever. I'm not going to rant anymore, but there are some things which shouldn't be joked about and that is one of them. It just contributes to a culture which means people don't take rape seriously anymore. The one that in some cases justifies sexual assaults.

Anyway, no, it's not the worst thing on the internet. But some places should be safe-spaces and this is one of them.

Think next time before you open your....er...keyboard?
  • Options
    Think next time before you open your....er...keyboard?
    Agree'd i shall.
  • Options
    i just really really fucking hate rape jokes.
  • Options
    high_horse_0.jpg
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Thanks for the apology Fuuubar. :) I think ArcticRoll hit the nail on the head when he said
    it's not 4Chan
    - The internet is full of horrible jokes and imagery that often distances people from issues rather than raising awareness about how terrible some situations can be, but TheSite.org aims to be an alternative to that, hence the backlash.

You've clearly taken quite a pelting here, so do really appreciate you taking it back as Piccolo says and hope all well from here. :thumb:

Gavlaar - not sure you're still thinking about the issue at hand, but do come back and update us if you still want to talk about your situation. :)