Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

rant about doctors...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
:banghead:

Comments

• Options
    :banghead:

*hug*'s Whats up?
  • Options
    having such a hard time with the NHS. i've just moved back from France and they're making me jump through hoops. in fact my doctor has said they'll stop my medication if i dont get a full psychiatric referral :( which doesn't help anyone.
  • Options
    having such a hard time with the NHS. i've just moved back from France and they're making me jump through hoops. in fact my doctor has said they'll stop my medication if i dont get a full psychiatric referral :( which doesn't help anyone.

I hate to say it, but (being there myself and all I'm doing is moving counties) it seems to pay to just accept without complaint. I am not entitled to any treatment at all now because both my GP and I (for good reason) turned down what was offered when I moved here.

It'll be rough in the short-term but worth it.

Sorry if that's not what you needed to hear. It's obviously not the definitive but that's my experience.
  • Options
    piccolo wrote: »
    I hate to say it, but (being there myself and all I'm doing is moving counties) it seems to pay to just accept without complaint. I am not entitled to any treatment at all now because both my GP and I (for good reason) turned down what was offered when I moved here.

It'll be rough in the short-term but worth it.

Sorry if that's not what you needed to hear. It's obviously not the definitive but that's my experience.

not its good for me to get a realistic expectation as i've never sought treatment with nhs before ( was through uni then i was abroad) i went and spoke about it today and just said that im not interested in waiting around and i'll find a private therapist but ill do the psych assessment. apparently they're gonna speed that up but we'll see.