Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

embarrassed of lack of experience

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi ive got an embarrassing situation. Im 28 end of july and am a really shy girl. I havent had a serious boyfriend let alone have sex - not my choice. Its only now im getting an awful lot of attention off guys when im out. Dont know why but it certainly is making me feel alot better and confident in myself even had quite a few snogs!

Anyway i just want it out the way now and now and again a guy does make it obvious they want me to home with them. I would if i had more experience. I have a vibrator and know what does it for me so at least i got that.... and my hymen has been broken so its not going to be painful and am totally ready for it. Just worried how a guy will react

Comments

• Options
    It is best you try and find a guy that is going to appreciate you, be meaningful, and its going to make it a hell of a lot more pleasurable for you. Sex can be and is for many a very emotional experience for their first time.
  • Options
    I would be careful about admitting that you're still a virgin. Not because men will be freaked out but because of the opposite; a lot of men are more likely to make a move on you if they think they're your first. I don't think you should wait for "the one" if you are ready and willing to have sex, just make sure it doesn't end up being with someone that you'll regret sleeping with.
  • Options
    In a similiar situation myself as a 25 year old bloke. Think there are more twenty something virgins than you might imagine!

I agree with both of the replies you've had so far.

I'm ready for it just like you are but I'm not going to go out to a club one weekend, get drunk and attempt to pick up any old random stranger just to "get it out of the way", and I have thought about it.

I'd like it to mean something. I don't know what that something is, and i'm certainly not waiting for "the one" before I do it, but you've waited long enough and it would be a shame to waste your virginity on some bloke who essentially only wants you for one thing and just uses you and chucks you.

Seems you have no problem attracting male attention, am sure it won't be too long before you find the right one....
  • Options
    im not going to just blurt it out to a guy if i meet them in a club! I got chatted up by this guy in a club turned out was only 19 and i knew what he wanted. He was asking me real personal questions i certainly wasnt going to admitt it there and then but certainly had a wondering hand shall we say!

I really hate being this age and like this i want to be experienced like most girls of my age feel such a freak. I nearly lost it once to a close mate but he turned out to be an arse and it didnt work out.

Yes i have been getting abit attention the past 4 times ive been out pulled about 4/5 guys and boys do come up to me so i guess that isnt a problem
  • Options
    jsl1983 wrote: »
    im not going to just blurt it out to a guy if i meet them in a club! I got chatted up by this guy in a club turned out was only 19 and i knew what he wanted. He was asking me real personal questions i certainly wasnt going to admitt it there and then but certainly had a wondering hand shall we say!

I really hate being this age and like this i want to be experienced like most girls of my age feel such a freak. I nearly lost it once to a close mate but he turned out to be an arse and it didnt work out.

Yes i have been getting abit attention the past 4 times ive been out pulled about 4/5 guys and boys do come up to me so i guess that isnt a problem

Wanting to be like most girls your age isn't a good reason to have sex.

I can understand your frustration all too well but don't give it away for nothing. I have no doubts you would regret it. There is every chance that the 19 year old you encountered was also an arse!!!!
  • Options
    well i have to hold my hand up i did kiss this boy but when i sat by him he was asking me questions about had i had sex -i lied and said yes and was a bit gropey! I dont know how to act to that but i got away from him for a bit but we did snog again when i was about to go home.
  • Options
    My opinion is that you should wait until you've been on a few dates with a guy you like and if you want to do it with him then tell him the situation, keep it light though, he might still freak out at the pressure of being your first so keep a guard on your feelings.

Going home with a random from a club could go badly, not because 'it should be special' or any of that bullshit, but the likelihood of it not being awful in that circumstance is pretty low.

With these guys coming on to you just give them a dazzling smile and your phone number and say it'd be fun to see them again.
  • Options
    Shnoobie wrote: »
    My opinion is that you should wait until you've been on a few dates with a guy you like and if you want to do it with him then tell him the situation, keep it light though, he might still freak out at the pressure of being your first so keep a guard on your feelings.

Going home with a random from a club could go badly, not because 'it should be special' or any of that bullshit, but the likelihood of it not being awful in that circumstance is pretty low.

With these guys coming on to you just give them a dazzling smile and your phone number and say it'd be fun to see them again.

why would the club thing end up bad/
  • Options
    why would the club thing end up bad/

Because it's likely that you'd be drunk. I personally also don't like the idea of going home with strangers. Best to get to know someone first.
  • Options
    yeah probs but at least it wouldnt be so nerve wracking
  • Options
    yeah probs but at least it wouldnt be so nerve wracking

You might find yourself more nerve wracked with a stranger, especially if you dont feel safe.
  • Options
    i know im probs being silly but i know its not the norm either i didnt choose to be this old :(
  • Options
    Letting the first man you find into your knickers, especially if you're drunk, is going to end badly. You're not going to choose someone you really fancy, you're not going to be safe with regards to STIs and you're probably not going to enjoy it.

I'm not saying you should save yourself for "the one", or anything as drastic as that, just be careful about who you choose to have sex with. Taking a little bit of time to make sure that the man will be considerate- that he'll focus on your pleasure as well as his- is a much better idea than having a drunken fumble. He doesn't have to be a long-term romantic partner if that's not what you want, a fling can be gentle and considerate, but make sure that you're both sober enough to have fun and have pleasure.
  • Options
    I don't think I'd be able to have sex with someone I wasn't comfortable with.

Sometimes I'm totally comfortable with someone the first time I meet them, but often I would have to have known them for a while. If you're not relaxed, you won't enjoy it.
  • Options
    Hey, I wouldn't rush just to get it over with for the sake of it to be 'normal' like other girls - there's no such thing! Just ensure you've spent a bit of time with the person, enjoy their company and feel comfortable with them, as you always remember your first! :yes: Also, you probably needn't make a big thing of it and feel as though you need to 'confess' anything beforehand... maybe just say you've never had a serious boyfriend - the guy will probably figure it out in time x