Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

festival + bad back = disaster?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
so i'm going to a proper festival for the first time, i'm doing all 3 days of reading; camping.

I suffered a back injury years ago which has left me with chronic back pain, needless to say sleeping on just a roll mat is not going to be an option yet i need to use public transport to get to reading so I am limited in what i can carry

Can anyone reccomend a good product which wont break? I have tried inflatable beds before and woken in the morning to find a flaccid bed around me, and my back on the ground, but if anyone owns a particular one which has stayed inflated then I would buy

Ideally I'd take a fold up bed but I reckon this could get heavy and i'll look like a geek :blush:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    if you buy a brand new inflatable bed, its unlikely to deflate. That happens over time usually when you get an old one
    They usually sell stuff like air beds etc. on the camp sites (or they do at V, anyway).
    Let me know if you find anything, I have the same problem and I'm also going to Reading this year!
    I work at a homeless shelter where we've used Aerobeds for years and only 1 or 2 (out of 13) have problems each year despite very heavy usage. Never known one break on first use.

They look expensive, having said that, but they do make a pakbed with a handpump.

ETA: Argos' range is pretty good and a lot of them have customer reviews.
    Air beds that are blwn up properly and have the plug put in properly don't tend to leak. Test it before you go, inflate it at home and leave it up over night with some thing on it to give it a bit of a squash.