Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

friends and partners will come and go

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
. . . All your life but your family will always be there! Or for most of us anyway. Who else's significant other is a family member? Mine is! It's my mum. I've had long term partners but she's the only person in the world I can truely be myself around. I'm jealous of people that have found the 'the one' but i'm also very lucky and have a closeness with someone that i wouldn't change for the world. I am an only child from a single parent family and family has always been everything to me. I do have close friends but my mum makes me happiest lol. It's hard to forgive and forget if it's not blood where as with family the tough times in the past made us stronger. Just food for thought

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I have an Aunt who i can really relate to she and i seem to have a special connection, i am pretty close to my mum but i cant ever be that comfy and relaxed with her about everything but maybe that will happen one day.
    I like this. My parents are my favorite people in the world. I call them nearly every day and look forward to when we get to visit.

And hello VV, I remember you from ages ago!
    i have a fab relationship with my mum too :heart:
    I am trying really hard to think of a joke about dating YOUR mother, but nothing really comes to mind, so I just add, since I moved out my relationship with my parents got better and I like them a lot. I never had this really close buddy relationship with my parents, but I do appreciate them a lot.
    I must say I love my folks.

My Dad is prone to anger and my mum asks the silliest questions but i know they'd do anything they possibly can to help me and I will always have a place to go. Shouldn't take that for granted as I know lots of people don't have that....

The less said about my older brother the better however...... Old Mad
    VinylVicky wrote: »
    Who else's significant other is a family member?

Two thirds of Norfolk?

I love my family no matter how much they annoy me. Apart from getting their politics from the Daily Express they're good people.