Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

How to say thank you?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
For all three years at uni my aunt and uncle helped me out with finances. I wasnt loaded but they helped ALOT, and if it werent for them i'd be in a hell of a lot more debt than i am now. They paid my tuition fees each year and gave me a little bit extra for living, and aren't wanting me to pay it back (thank god!)

Now i'm finished I dont know what to do to say thank you. The least i can think of is a giant bunch of flowers and a card but i dont feel like thats enough for giving me a few grand. any ideas?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    maybe you could give them a framed photo of you on your graduation day to go with the flowers?
    :yes:

That's a nice idea.

Tbh, I think the fact that you are so grateful is more thanks than you think. So many people take stuff like that for granted. The best way to thank them is to make something of your life and for them to know that they helped you there.
    I like the photo idea too, it's nice to see someone being so grateful. I haven't had any help and have worked all the way through uni so now I've got a massive loan to pay off. So many people I know had rent paid/fees paid/extra money given to them and didn't appreciate it and even had the nerve to complain to me about it. So yeah, the graduation photo thing is a nice idea.
    Ballerina wrote: »
    I like the photo idea too, it's nice to see someone being so grateful. I haven't had any help and have worked all the way through uni so now I've got a massive loan to pay off. So many people I know had rent paid/fees paid/extra money given to them and didn't appreciate it and even had the nerve to complain to me about it. So yeah, the graduation photo thing is a nice idea.

I found this too.

I think whatever you do, they'll appreciate it. :)
    Can you get them tickets to your graduation? Then you could get a photo of all three of you on the day.
    Kaff wrote: »
    :yes:

That's a nice idea.

Tbh, I think the fact that you are so grateful is more thanks than you think. So many people take stuff like that for granted. The best way to thank them is to make something of your life and for them to know that they helped you there.

Agree with this. I think especially in families some people expect parents/grandparents/aunts and uncles to help them out as a matter of course.

Bunch of flowers and the photo sounds like a good idea and i'm sure they'll be touched you are so grateful and made the effort to show it :-)
    I'd cook them dinner too, if you can afford to, make a day of it.
    Im not sure how many graduation tickets i'll be able to have, or even if ive passed yet, but if i can they'll be coming. The meal thing not so much since they live miles away and can only get together once or twice a year.
    I think flowers and a card would really show them that you appreciate what they did for you - then when you pass and go on to be really brilliant and sucessfull maybe you can take them out to dinner with your first pay cheque or away for the weekend with your first bonusx