Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

lots of boob pain

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've been getting sore painful boobs for a while, and I thought it was best to go get fitted yesterday because I've been spilling over the top of my bras. I went to go get fitted at a well trusted bra shop yesterday (not la senza before anyone asks), and as they measured me, the woman suddenly seemed really shocked, I asked what the matter was, and she showed me 2 great weaping welts on my bust line. I went to see a pharmasist and they suggested I bind myself up, or wear a sports bra. having anything on my bust is painful, so I was going to bind myself up, but I can't find a bandage big enough! but in the mean time, my shoulders, chest and back are really hurting. I'm a GG/H cup so, even walking is painful without a bra. Has anyone got any suggestions? I don't really want to go to my GP because I don't really see what they can do apart from look at the sores, which seem to be doing ok now. I'm going there a lot right now, because of lots of gyny problems and depression.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i would visit the doctor for that, not a pharmacist, and your boobs shouldnt be giving you pain, even if large.
    yeah I suppose I should. I just feel like I'm in there all the time, and their time would be better spent seeing people with actual conditions, rather than just hypercondriacts like me.
    Having welts though isnt being a hypocondriac, its a visible injury that needs seeing to
    If you've got welts you need to have everything checked out, especially if your breasts have got a lot bigger very quickly.

It could just be that you've damaged your skin by wearing a bra that is too small but it's always a good idea to get something like that checked out.
    i can assure that people go and see the doctor for a lot less serious things than severe pain and huge weeping welts appearing for no reason.

You need some proper advice, because binding your breasts is not a good idea
    Just to lett you all know - turned out to be a strained sternum from hunching over my laptop finishing my thesis, and wearing a bra that was too small... I'm now unfortunatly a 34 H... not good for the back or the bank balance but thanks for the persuasion!