Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Duke Nukem Forever

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I looked about and couldnt find a thread,pretty surprised actually.

Its been 12 years in development and.............................I think the original is better.:chin:

Its tried to do too much for a simple game I feel and it just needed to be a straight up shooter like the original,its trying to be too clever and it doesnt really work.

Plus,what is up with only having 2 weapons??!!!This is Duke Nukem for gods sake:banghead:

Anyone else buy it?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Really? If you just run through the game, then yeah its nothing special. But from a game development point of view, they have the real-world interactions spot on. They've done a good job. I think its been fine and done the job well. If it was a straight up shooter it would have still got bad reviews, but a lot more seeing how long its been. There's only a few things so far I can pick on. I've not been sucked into playing it straight none stop, only a few hours here or there. The camera angles when it comes to the toy-car thing is annoying and shit. The aliens gun is shit too.

However this sums it up fine.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/gamesblog/2011/jun/10/duke-nukem-forever-game-review
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yeah, the way to look at it is as a throw away bit of fun, but I guess Im disappointed because I loved the first one so much and they pretty much ruined what made the original good.:rolleyes: