Home Travel & Free Time
Ongoing maintenance - the boards are undergoing some ongoing, intermittent maintenance. Pages might load slightly slower than usual and there may be very short periods where the boards are offline.

Duke Nukem Forever

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
I looked about and couldnt find a thread,pretty surprised actually.

Its been 12 years in development and.............................I think the original is better.:chin:

Its tried to do too much for a simple game I feel and it just needed to be a straight up shooter like the original,its trying to be too clever and it doesnt really work.

Plus,what is up with only having 2 weapons??!!!This is Duke Nukem for gods sake:banghead:

Anyone else buy it?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Really? If you just run through the game, then yeah its nothing special. But from a game development point of view, they have the real-world interactions spot on. They've done a good job. I think its been fine and done the job well. If it was a straight up shooter it would have still got bad reviews, but a lot more seeing how long its been. There's only a few things so far I can pick on. I've not been sucked into playing it straight none stop, only a few hours here or there. The camera angles when it comes to the toy-car thing is annoying and shit. The aliens gun is shit too.

However this sums it up fine.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/gamesblog/2011/jun/10/duke-nukem-forever-game-review
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yeah, the way to look at it is as a throw away bit of fun, but I guess Im disappointed because I loved the first one so much and they pretty much ruined what made the original good.:rolleyes: