Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Who uses twitter in here?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm not asking as to find out who people are on twitter, but more so to highlight the fact that I won some branded pint glasses from thesite.org the other day. All I had to do was answer a simple question and I was the only person to do so (I believe). They have had another quiz question today and although someone may have answered it already, I cant find evidence of it yet.

Go follow @TheSite on twitter, if they have quiz stuff like this now and again it is practically free stuff!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    G-Raffe wrote: »
    I'm not asking as to find out who people are on twitter, but more so to highlight the fact that I won some branded pint glasses from thesite.org the other day. All I had to do was answer a simple question and I was the only person to do so (I believe). They have had another quiz question today and although someone may have answered it already, I cant find evidence of it yet.

Go follow @TheSite on twitter, if they have quiz stuff like this now and again it is practically free stuff!

I won the first lot. Because I am better than you.

Anyway, @rawr_imapanda
    I also won a set :)
    I also won a set :)

Yes, but I won the FIRST set, on the FIRST day.

Hence me being better, duh.
    You two only won something because I didn't enter.
    You two only won something because I didn't enter.

Nuh UH.
    Well the last time I entered something, I ended up being a dad.
    Someone needs to explain Twitter to me. Whenever I look at someone's feed it just looks like one half of a telephone conversation with @SomeDoucheBag 'lol, dat were realy funnyz' posts. WHAT WAS REALLY FUNNY?!?! WAS IT A LOLCAT?????
    Someone needs to explain Twitter to me. Whenever I look at someone's feed it just looks like one half of a telephone conversation with @SomeDoucheBag 'lol, dat were realy funnyz' posts. WHAT WAS REALLY FUNNY?!?! WAS IT A LOLCAT?????

It makes more sense when you're looking at the timelines of people you follow (i.e. when you go to twitter.com/home). You can't see the @soandso unless you are also following @soandso.

And then sometimes you get into conversations with five people (like this) and everyone gets confused.

Also you should join so that I can pimp you with my huge amount of awesome followers :cool:
    Well the last time I entered something, I ended up being a dad.

In which case you will get plenty of use out of the glasses. Just need loads of alcohol to numb the pain...
    @ajreid

I mostly use it to follow people, rather than post.
    Fucking G has won again!
    @ajreid

I mostly use it to follow people, rather than post.

Best get posting then, you have at least one new follower...
    Best get posting then, you have at least one new follower...

+1
    I'm about as @FranRob
    @lordneil

I rant, flirt, swear and post boring shite about my life. You have been warned.
    I signed up for an account last night. It's like someone took the worst bits of FB and made a website out of it: Franki is tweeting about her teeth every 15 seconds, Christopher Hitchens hasn't said anything in a year and I can't find half the people I want to follow because about twenty cunts have set up Twitter accounts in their name.
    I signed up for an account last night. It's like someone took the worst bits of FB and made a website out of it: Franki is tweeting about her teeth every 15 seconds, Christopher Hitchens hasn't said anything in a year and I can't find half the people I want to follow because about twenty cunts have set up Twitter accounts in their name.

The ones with the blue ticks on them are verified accounts. e.g. http://twitter.com/#!/bobbyllew

Also I should have mentioned that I tweet a lot, perhaps...
    The ones with the blue ticks on them are verified accounts. e.g. http://twitter.com/#!/bobbyllew

Presumably that's only for people who have chosen to seek account verification? Christopher Hitchens doesn't seem to have an account with a tick (neither does Sam Harris or Richard Dawkins for that matter). I don't suspect my Twitter account will see the day out.
    Also I should have mentioned that I tweet a lot, perhaps...

Yeah, I've taken you off to try see if anyone else is saying anything.
    Presumably that's only for people who have chosen to seek account verification? Christopher Hitchens doesn't seem to have an account with a tick (neither does Sam Harris or Richard Dawkins for that matter). I don't suspect my Twitter account will see the day out.

You can usually tell by the number of followers, as well. Like this one: http://twitter.com/#!/RichardDawkins has nearly 200,000 whereas some of the others on the list have a lot, lot less.