Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

telesales

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
do you get annoyed if you enter your phone details say on a website or form and you get a call from that company?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    :wave:

Yes i do. It gives me the rage
    VinylVicky wrote: »
    do you get annoyed if you enter your phone details say on a website or form and you get a call from that company?

How do you tackle it? Do you hear what they have to say or dismiss the caller angrily? Hey bye the way xx
    i dont really get angry with them cos i know its just their job, but i usually try and end the call as quickly as i can. I dont think id ever buy anything from that sort of call.

I make sure i never put my details in those sorts of sites anymore for fear of it happening
    thanks for the insight, i'm just curious as i work in the dreaded telesales! Admittedly we don't cold call or charge for what we offer but we do all people who leave their contact details. I, myself NEVER give my phone number unless i do want to speak to someone and usually then they don't ring anyway
    I don't leave my mobile number if I can help it and always make sure I've checked / unchecked the thing about not wanting to be contacted.

I always try to be pleasant, though. Often I will say it's not a convenient time or ask to be removed from the list (or both).