Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Needs Help

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I finally admit I need help, went to hospital last night, not how I had planned to though. I was just about to leave my friends house and fainted, my friend saw blood and panicked and rang an ambulance. They said I didn't need a psych assessment but told me to go to my GP for counselling.

I know I'm not crazy but there's so much stuff going on at the minute, I can't think straight half of the time. I know it helps to talk but I just can't find the right words and I sound stupid.

As for the housing situation, it is getting better I suppose. Youth workers eventually advised me not to go for private renting in the end, but now they said I can get benefits after all because it's the summer holidays officially now for my uni. Going through housing is still going to take at least another two months (maybe more).

So I have got another two months of hell to look forward to, I don't know why I made this thread, just needed to write it all down I guess.

:(

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Writing it down can be a really good way to get a handle on what's going on. When it's down on paper things seem like slightly less of a tangle then when they're all swimming around in your head.

Have you made the GP appointment yet?
    Hey hmmm7, sounds like quite a scary evening for you but it's good to hear you made it to the hospital and you're at a stage where you've admitted you need some help to deal with things at the moment. Of course you're not crazy and having counselling certainly doesn't mean you are - having someone to talk things through with at the moment sounds like just what you need. There's no rule to say that we should all be able to cope with life on our own; sometimes thing get on top of us and it all gets too much - reaching out for support and taking advantage of what's offered to you is nothing at all to be ashamed of.

Good to hear you can get benefits now even if there is still a wait on the housing; it's good that your youth worker is doing what they can, keep pestering them ;) It may be that something can get sorted sooner for you.

In the mean time, try and be kind to yourself, starting a thread to get it all out is what we're here for so do keep us posted on how things are going and of course chat is open again on Wednesday if you need some company and distraction *hug*
    Haven't made the appointment yet, that's the next step I need to get around to. I just feel like I'm wasting everyones time, I felt like that last night at the hospital I just wanted to run which wouldn't of helped!

I've got the option of either going to my GP for counselling or the youth workers can refer me to some other place. So I'm not sure which is best.

I need to go in and claim benefits straight away but I'm too scared to even do that, I'm scared I'll bump into family in there because it's very likely. I think I'm going to have to beg my youth worker or support worker to go in with me, because if I do see anyone, there WILL be trouble :(
    OK, so how about you make a GP appointment, and talk to them. Even if it's to say that you ended up going to hospital, they suggested counselling, which you're sorting through the youth worker, but do they have any other suggestions for things that might help.

Also, try and get in touch with your youth worker today if you can, find about counselling thruogh them, and getting someone to go with you to find out about benefits. Remember, that a lot of benefits stuff gets done through job centre plus, and there are reasons other than getting benefits for going there. I don't know what the problem with your family is, but if you had another reason (cover story) for going would that help at all? Or go first thing as soon as they open if you happen to know the rest of your family aren't early risers.

Which ever you go for, try and do some kind of action TODAY towards the next step.
    SM is right. Your GP will expect to see you after you've been to A&E just to check in. If you take it seriously the people around you are more likely to.

Well done for what you've achieved so far.
    Yeah I'm going to try and get this sorted, as my friend said to me last night, It can't actually get any worse, I'm literally starting from the bottom and I know it's going to take time to get to where I need to be.

I am making the appointment today, I'm seeing my youth worker this week sometime as well so I'm going to tell her everything that's happened.

I just need to find the strength from somewhere to keep fighting, because at the minute I am totally fed up.
    Losing the will to live, still not sorted things out.
    Friends are arguing, screaming at each other, reminds me too much of home.
    Arrggghhh my head is going to explode :crying:
    hmmm7 wrote: »
    Losing the will to live, still not sorted things out.
    Friends are arguing, screaming at each other, reminds me too much of home.
    Arrggghhh my head is going to explode :crying:

It will get better. Don't forget to make those appointments. Maybe go for a walk with some music if you need some head space.
    hi, once you been to your gp or youth worker to sort counselling out, it will get better. Having someone to talk to every week really does help and it lets you have the chance to rant about things in a safe place and for them to give you advice and ideas about what you can do to make things better. Hope your well x
    Saw my youth worker, the good news is I am supposed to be higher on the housing list which is being sorted now.
    Bad news is still haven't been to see my doc, I don't even know who my doctor is, I have never been, only ever seen the asthma nurse.
    More bad news I am still stuck in this freaking mess and it's getting worse, I can't stay here anymore, it's getting like it was at home, my friend's boyfriend is not a nice person, I can't talk about it though, I can't tell anyone, I can't take it anymore.
    It's happening all over again, is this how it's always going to be?
    :(
    Doesn't matter who your doctor is, just call up as soon as the surgery opens (the one you saw the asthma nurse at) and book an emergency appointment.

If you're worried you won't be able to talk, maybe write some of this down to take with you.
    Like Piccolo says, it doesn't matter that you don't know who your doctor is, just call up the surgery and ask for an urgent appointment. If they ask who your doctor is, say you don't know, you've only ever seen the Asthma nurse. Before your appointment, it might be a good idea to write down what's been going on recently, and roughly what your current situation is, to help you explain it to the doctor. Or just print off this thread.
    I don't know what good it will do though, when I was in hospital I spoke to the crisis team and they said they didn't think I was mentally ill and basically just told me to get on with it.

I just don't think anyone is taking me seriously, not housing, not doctors, nobody.
    I don't know what good it will do though, when I was in hospital I spoke to the crisis team and they said they didn't think I was mentally ill and basically just told me to get on with it.

I just don't think anyone is taking me seriously, not housing, not doctors, nobody.

They might have just meant that you weren't in a mental health crisis. That doesn't mean your GP can't help. Honestly.
    I hope they can help because things aren't looking too great :(

Think I'm going to have to stay somewhere else after tonight, I can't take it anymore.
    Even if the answer is along the lines of 'get on with it', your GP should be able to help you with how to actually do that and deal with things, so it's definitely worth seeing your GP.
    I don't want to be here anymore, but who cares? Nobody is listening to me, nobody takes me seriously. I just want a normal life if that isn't too much to ask. I can't see a way out anymore, I used to hope that things would get better but now I have given up hope. Things are getting bad again, why does everyone I meet/live with have to be so horrible?! I give up, no seriously, I give up :(
    Have you been to your GP?

I know I keep banging the same drum but medical conditions, even psychological ones, need medical support.

I'm sorry things where you're living are so awful, though, that can't be helping. But aside from people here you have a youth worker who clearly gives a shit. Sometimes friends just turn out not to be as solid as we thing they are.
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    I don't want to be here anymore, but who cares? Nobody is listening to me, nobody takes me seriously. I just want a normal life if that isn't too much to ask. I can't see a way out anymore, I used to hope that things would get better but now I have given up hope. Things are getting bad again, why does everyone I meet/live with have to be so horrible?! I give up, no seriously, I give up :(

*hug* Sounds like a really tough few days. A 'normal' or more settled life isn't too much to ask at all. What particularly has got bad again, if you don't mind me asking?

Sadly there doesn't really come a time in life when we stop meeting people who give us a hard time, but there will be plenty of opportunities to meet good people and lots of them happen to frequent these boards (as piccolo implies). It does also sound like your youth worker is pretty sorted - will you be seeing them any time soon?
    I have an appointment with GP Monday, because that was the earliest I could get, that's if I make it that far. I just can't believe I can't trust my own friends as well as family, if I don't have either of them then I have nothing. What did I do wrong? Am I just an easy target? Sorry I'm just rambling now.
    Things are getting bad again in exactly the same way as they were at home, my friends boyfriend has just started to get really horrible towards me and I don't know why, I haven't done anything wrong. I think I should ring the youth worker soon, yet again I'm in the same situation, nowhere to go, starting with nothing! sick of it now!
    Things will eventually pick up. And I think ringing your youthworker is definitely a good idea.
    I have an appointment with GP Monday, because that was the earliest I could get, that's if I make it that far. I just can't believe I can't trust my own friends as well as family, if I don't have either of them then I have nothing. What did I do wrong? Am I just an easy target? Sorry I'm just rambling now.

You've done nothing wrong at all you've been really unlucky but we all think you're sound and want the best for you so there must be others out there who think the same.

I'm sorry we can't be of any practical help but I hope that at least being able to 'talk' like this helps a little.
    piccolo wrote: »
    You've done nothing wrong at all you've been really unlucky but we all think you're sound and want the best for you so there must be others out there who think the same.

I'm sorry we can't be of any practical help but I hope that at least being able to 'talk' like this helps a little.

Yeah it really does help, it's nice to know there are actually nice people in this world and those that actually care, thank you :)
    housing have give up on me, my support worker has closed my case with her, i don't know what to do everyone has give up so I do too :(