Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Womens Problems and Stomach Cramps

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi,

I'm on the mini pill, Cerrezette. I had my period about 2 weeks ago but, since then I've had this horrible brown discharge and really bad stomach cramps.

I've never had this before - my periods have never settled down since I've been on Cerezette (been on it for about a year to 18months). I've tried Femulen, but the nurse took me off that because my periods wouldn't stop.

Any help or advice?

Thanks in advance x

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    This happens to me (I'm on Dianette) when I skip a load of periods. Could that be it?

Worth seeing the nurse just to be sure.
    Since I've been on Cerezette I've never missed a period, they have just been all over the place
    I never had a period on Cerazette so can't help I'm afraid. 18 months should be plenty to adjust though, so if it's not working for you, might be time to talk about changing (although if you're on Cerazette, you may have limited options).
    piccolo wrote: »
    This happens to me (I'm on Dianette) when I skip a load of periods. Could that be it?

Worth seeing the nurse just to be sure.

Cerazette is a mini-pill so you take it daily anyway, you can't skip.

OP - have they always been like this or were they settled at any point while you've been on it? Maybe you can ask for a pill where you take a week out, so that it can regulate your periods a bit? They do packs which have sugar pills in them for your week off so you don't forget which day you need to start taking them again.
    I have to be on the mini pill because of other medical reasons so, I can't be on the ordinary pill.

Yes, they have always been like this - even been "on" for two weeks solid before but without the brown discharge or cramps aferwards.
    shy_girl wrote: »
    I have to be on the mini pill because of other medical reasons so, I can't be on the ordinary pill.

Yes, they have always been like this - even been "on" for two weeks solid before but without the brown discharge or cramps aferwards.

I feel your pain. I've had a four week then a ten week period when I was on Depo-Provera (injection), and when I got the implant fitted I was "on" for about three-four weeks. It's not fun at all.

Have you spoken to the doctor about it since the last time you went?
    No (This may sound a bit stupid!) But I just thought it was going to be a one off so I didn't contact my surgery.

I am due a medical review but I've been told by my surgery that "All medical reviews will done over the phone with the triage nurse" The last time I had a medical review I had to go in and the nurse asked about my general health and did the routine checks.
    shy_girl wrote: »
    No (This may sound a bit stupid!) But I just thought it was going to be a one off so I didn't contact my surgery.

I am due a medical review but I've been told by my surgery that "All medical reviews will done over the phone with the triage nurse" The last time I had a medical review I had to go in and the nurse asked about my general health and did the routine checks.

Make an appointment, because this isn't normal and you should go and see someone if just to put your mind at rest.
    Yes that is a wise thing to do. I'll see when I can get an appt