Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Commitment issues

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My fuck buddy has fallen for me, we're going out on a date thing on saturday. The sex is a.maz.ing. and i dont wanna give that up but im not looking for anything serious from him, and im going to tell him beforehand so he's not expecting anything more. Thing is, i still care about him, and i dont want to lose him or hurt him, i love the relationship we have but still want to be unattached if that makes sense.

But im going to a festival next week where there'll be people with similar interests to mine, im worried that if i meet somone (for a serious thing) i'll have to break it off with FB, ut would feel like a total bitch if i did sinc im going to tell him i want to stay unattached.

I dont know what to do, i feel like im obligated to stay loyal to him even though i shouldnt do, because he is a FB, th whole point is that we can sleep around and drop each other if need be

Comments

• Options
    While I agree with you on here for the most part, just let me have you read an old thread of you here, and see if you can see how it feels to be on the other side of the pole.

If you still wanna do what you wanna do, go ahead.
  • Options
    God, i read that and now im even more confused! I definately dont feel like i did back then. Right now im happy being single and sleeping around, and actually a bit scared of rlationships and getting hurt again. At lest if i keep him at arms length that cant happen.

Also i texted him last night to say i wasnt interested in being serious with him, but happy with how things were before and still want to meet up if he does. No reply yet though, i hope i havent hurt him too much
  • Options
    How long have you known this guy? would you say you're friends or is it just a bit of fun?
  • Options
    We werent friends beforehand, we both went to the same car events/clubs so saw each other around but never spoke. He contacted me and said he's always fancied me etc. I have never even thought of him in that way til then. This was about a year and a half ago now, and we just ended up with no strings. We've slept together only twice cos i've been away at uni but chatted alot.

I like him as a friend, he's a nice guy, and all it ever was was a bit of fun, he's not my type for a boyfriend at all, i.e. we dont share the same interests, but as seen in that other thread i did start to fall for him a tad because of the attention he gave me but i dont feel that way anymore (he havent spoken for a while so i reckon thats why).

I just dont want to hurt him. I feel like after this, even if we both want to, we may not be able to go back to the way things were. I'd feel guilty now for using him and if i met someone it would be like i was cheating even though the point of no-string is so you can freely meet people etc. :(
  • Options
    I told him. He said it was fine and not to feel bad, and we're not meeting on saturday because of a different reason now, but its all ok, so why am i crying?!
  • Options
    Lexi99 wrote: »
    God, i read that and now im even more confused! I definately dont feel like i did back then. Right now im happy being single and sleeping around, and actually a bit scared of rlationships and getting hurt again. At lest if i keep him at arms length that cant happen.

Also i texted him last night to say i wasnt interested in being serious with him, but happy with how things were before and still want to meet up if he does. No reply yet though, i hope i havent hurt him too much

Why is a relationship automatically linked to getting hurt? If this is all, and the sex is great and it suffices you that the only sex you get is by him I don't see the harm with upgrading from just fuck buddy status. Won't be a solution if you don't have feelings for him, but be prepared that you lose a fuck buddy either way you decide.