Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Baby and adult with chickenpox - any tips to ease them?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My 6 month old baby has got chickenpox, so has his Dad (he never had it as a kid) My daughter had it a few weeks ago so we know it was going to come, but they have seem to got it worse than my daughter (we thought hers was bad)

I've been giving the baby calpol, smothering him in Calamine (sp) lotion, and giving him cool baths with Aveeno liquid in it. He is really bad, they are in his ears, on his eyelids, his head is covered, so is his belly and back, and all in his nappy too:crying:

Does anyone have anymore tips? I think I am gonna ring NHS Direct to see if I can give him Piriton - it says on the box 1 year+.

Also my partner has got it very bad, he's been in bed most of today and yday. Anyone got any tips to ease them? They are in his throat too, so he is really struggling to eat.

TIA x

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Does your baby wear scratch mittens? Are there any other similar medicines for babies under 1?