Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Simple Displeasures

1235»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The amount of people who mix up Plymouth and Portsmouth. There's 140 miles between both cities...
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    This might not be a simple one but anyway.

Wake up on a lazy day and find a missed call from somebody who probably wants you to do something for them, which is going to take time. You want to do something of your own which also takes time.
    You decide to call them and find out what they want, so you can get it out of the way as early as possible and do your own thing. But they don't answer or can't talk and say they'll call you back later.
    So the only choices are to either wait till the call you, which might be hours that you won't be able to do your own thing in, or start your own thing and risk the possibility that you'll have to stop (which is an inconvenience) when they call.

I made this as generic as possible because it's a very common occurrence for me, with many different people and things to do.
    Tights that just will not stay up so you spend all day hitching em up :grump: (or is that just me :blush:)
    Louisek wrote: »
    Tights that just will not stay up so you spend all day hitching em up :grump: (or is that just me :blush:)

A very inelegant solution: extra pair of pants over your tights. A friend at work showed me that and it's proper genius.
    This might not be a simple one but anyway.

Wake up on a lazy day and find a missed call from somebody who probably wants you to do something for them, which is going to take time. You want to do something of your own which also takes time.
    You decide to call them and find out what they want, so you can get it out of the way as early as possible and do your own thing. But they don't answer or can't talk and say they'll call you back later.
    So the only choices are to either wait till the call you, which might be hours that you won't be able to do your own thing in, or start your own thing and risk the possibility that you'll have to stop (which is an inconvenience) when they call.

I made this as generic as possible because it's a very common occurrence for me, with many different people and things to do.

Solution: Dont ring them back or answer your phone on your day off! :D
    piccolo wrote: »
    A very inelegant solution: extra pair of pants over your tights. A friend at work showed me that and it's proper genius.

Well if it works for superman then i guess its worth a try :lol:
    lol
    Melian wrote: »
    The amount of people who mix up Plymouth and Portsmouth. There's 140 miles between both cities...

Plymouth is much prettier than portsmouth, well I think anyway lol
    That little bit of snot that won't come out.
    That's the norm for me. It's the rare snot that will come out.

if it's the kind of snot that lies firmly onto the nasal walls, put a tissue over your finger, stick it up your nose and twist it around. Voila. If it's the having-a-cold insistent snot that has the density of rubber and the texture of those glue balls we used to make in school, boil water with salt and inhale the fumes.

Courtesy of PhD Snt n Mcks (Snot and Muckus) StrubbleS
    That's the norm for me. It's the rare snot that will come out.

It's starting to become the norm for me. :(
    Being given tea with one sugar. How vile it was.
    Being given tea with one sugar. How vile it was.

One sugar? Gawd I have to have about 6 in my cup of tea with about a gallon of milk in there...nomnonmnom ;)
    Sounds tasty. :p
    Sounds tasty. :p

Oh it is :yum:

Ha, how I haven't got worms I'll never know! :rolleyes:
    Being ignored :(
    I keep getting an Olly Murs song in my head. eurgh. Still, it does make a difference to songs by Steps...
    Getting the wrong pizza.
    Not being sure whether or not you've got a contact lens out
    I've never understood why toenails are such horrid things even when I try hard to keep them neat.
    piccolo wrote: »
    I've never understood why toenails are such horrid things even when I try hard to keep them neat.
    My guess is because your toes are more badly treated than your fingers in everyday life.
    Try to walk on your hands for a while, with them in appropriately sized socks and shoes, without your feet touching the ground or wearing anything on them and you'll reverse the situation. ;)