Home Travel & Free Time Creative
Take part in our Watch Club tonight at 7.30pm. We'll be talking about the TV series Euphoria! Join from this page.
Come and join our Support Circle, every Tuesday, 8 - 9:30pm! Anyone is welcome to join. Sign up here

Any writers out there? Self harm/ mental health

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi, I was wondering if anybody else writes about mental health problems etc? I write poems, fiction and i have a blog. Does anybody else have a blog they wouldnt mind sending me the link to? I love reading other peoples ones and finding ones to put on my blogroll for my readers to see.

ps- mine is at www.katieinwonderlandx.wordpress.com

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I had an anonymous blog for a while but I wasn't very good at it so I stopped.

I like yours but tbh I don't read much mental health stuff at the mo because I'm struggling myself.
    I know what you mean. Sometimes i have to be really careful who's i do read when. Because sometimes people can write and post things online that are incredibly triggering. Also, focussing too heavily on mental health can suck you in sometimes...to crazy world i call it. :) Its good that you have recognized this and are being so firm with yourself! Good on you. Mine is anonymous too, i use a different name etc. Writing helps me express i guess, but like you, i sometimes have to take a break so i dont get bogged down with it all. Some people do write about mental health without being triggering etc. I do, and i read a lot of peoples work where they are carefull to do so. xxx
    Yeah, but 'triggering' is subjective. Sometimes the word 'cut' in any context sets me off.

Anyway, good luck, keep it up.
    i see. wel im glad that you are sensible enough to know ur own triggers and avoid them xxx
    wow. your stuff is really good- only read a few of the posts but I love your style. Especially "The girl with the....". That's one good post.
    Hello :wave:

The bits of your blog I have read are really good. I haven't read it all but what I have is great and can relate to some of the stuff in it. I don't have a blog myself and I wish I had the guts to do something like this.

Keep it up :)
    Thank you to both of you! Purpledhaze, That was such a thought provoking day for me. So many opinions i had changed when i saw her scars. Thanks. xx & to Hmm, you should definatly do it. You dont need guts, just do it in a different name. No one has to know its you. I hope you manage! :)