Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Itchy scar - argh!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Random, but is there anything that can stop a surgical scar itching?

It's my c section scar, so it's nearly a year old and seems to be nicely healed, but itches to buggery a lot of the time. It's quite hard to scratch it in public without looking like I'm touching myself up so spend much of my day squirming, which is obv not great. :o

Any miracle cures?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I find a cold moisturising cream relieves it temporarily, as does anti-histamine. Something like Piriton (which isn't non-drowsy) is good if the itching is preventing you from sleeping.
    Ooh, antihistamine - good idea! I wonder if antihistamine cream would work? Sure you can buy that OTC.

I've tried normal moisturiser, and it's cold by default because my bathroom is cold, but doesn't really help much. Will deffo give piriton a try - especially on a night when it's Mr K's turn to attend to the child ;)

Thank you :heart:
    Not a massive help, but does poking it help with the itching at all, might be slightly more subtle in public.