Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Quick reply problem

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in Help Desk
When I've typed out a post in the quick reply box, I click on "post quick reply" and it takes me to the advanced post bit, and I have to re-type my message. Any idea how to solve it?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• patrick*gringo*patrick*gringo* Posts: 147 Helping Hand
    Hi there *Lea*,

So this is what should happen (let me know which bit is not the case for you and we'll be happy to troubleshoot the problem).

If you click on "Quick reply" - a quick reply edit box should appear just beneath the post you're replying to. Once you've finished your post, clicking on the "Post Quick Reply" button - should submit your post. If not, this is a problem. Please let us know and we'll look into it further.

If instead of clicking on "Post Quick Reply", you click on "Go advanced" this should open up the full editing a post box- but any text you've written in the Quick Reply box should still remain there so you can continue to edit it.

Bottom line is you shouldn't losing your message and having to re-type it. Let me know which of the scenarios fits best with what's happening and we'll definitely look into this.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    El Gringo wrote: »
    Hi there *Lea*,

So this is what should happen (let me know which bit is not the case for you and we'll be happy to troubleshoot the problem).

If you click on "Quick reply" - a quick reply edit box should appear just beneath the post you're replying to. Once you've finished your post, clicking on the "Post Quick Reply" button - should submit your post. If not, this is a problem. Please let us know and we'll look into it further.

If instead of clicking on "Post Quick Reply", you click on "Go advanced" this should open up the full editing a post box- but any text you've written in the Quick Reply box should still remain there so you can continue to edit it.

Bottom line is you shouldn't losing your message and having to re-type it. Let me know which of the scenarios fits best with what's happening and we'll definitely look into this.

Unless when you have the quick reply box open and she then proceeds to click on the main "reply to thread" button rather than "go advanced"
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It's working now :)
  • patrick*gringo*patrick*gringo* Posts: 147 Helping Hand
    Cool - remember it's a great help to have any problems flagged up- so we can do what we can to sort them. Cheers again!