Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anyone have any experience of this condition?

I don't want to go into lots of details now, but it affects someone in my life and I really feel like I need to speak to other people about it, and find out more about the experiences of others.

So any help would be really appreciated... :heart:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    My brother has this for a while when we were younger. It was really hard for us to deal with. you can pm me if you want.
    Thanks, will do!
    My sister has ME. Sometimes she's fine and working and stuff (she's freelance) and other times she can't get out of bed. We also found out last week my aunt has it. We're such a healthy family(!)

Hope you're OK it's rotten to watch someone suffer with something that most doctors can't do anything about.
    A friend of mine has it. He seems to constantly (although I think and hope it appears to have stopped now) collapse. He also has depression as a result. :(
    yeah i have it, have done for about 7 years. other people in my family do as well. if you have specific questions, please private message me.
    My mum has had it for the past 15 years, on and off, so PM me if you would like.
    One of my besties has it. I'm not sure exactly which bits of her health problems are down to that, the bipolar, or one of her many other "life hates me" problems, but she suffers pretty badly.
    My dad had it when I was younger, although is mainly unaffected now. If you want to talk more about it am happy to, catch me sometime. It's a bit vague to talk about in the abstract, other than it's hard to work to dela with as a friend/relative and it's impossible to not spend at least a little bit of time thinking FFS stop being a lazy toad.

xx
    Wicked, thanks for all the help :) I'm just starting out in a relationship with a guy with this condition and I'm really just trying to understand it. I figure he has to live with it, and so I should at least make some sort of effort. Although there have been a few times when I've found myself getting a little bit frustrated and then feel really mean :(

I talked to piccolo a bit about what I was finding hard in chat, but if anything more specific comes up I'll know where to come :)
    Just in case anyone does a search and finds my thread....

I thought this was pretty good: http://notdoneliving.net/openletter/cfsfibro