Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Motivation Problems On Losing Weight

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm currently on the overweight side, and I really want to do something about it. I want to lose at least 2 dress sizes, as I am a size 16. Although people say I look fine the way I look, I don't believe them and it is getting me down.
I have no motivation for losing weight, and I really need some. I've tried dieting, which has only lasted at the most of two weeks, and it obviously did nothing to my figure.
I have a holiday at the beginning of July. I know I won't be able to drop 2 dress sizes by then, but I would like to be on the way on losing weight and dropping dress sizes. Even knowing that I have a holiday then isn't motivating me one bit.
Does anyone have any ways of motivating themselves to lose weight?

Comments

• Options
    if youre not motivated to lose weight dont bother.

No point doing it unless you want to.
  • Options
    Hey there, I'm just going to move this thread over to Health & Wellbeing :)
  • Options
    Does your motivation fluctuate or is it not there at all?
  • Options
    without motivation and willpower it just wont work. it doesnt seem that you are truly wanting this...Maybe taking a before picture of yourself and set yourself some REALISTIC goals?? Dieting is so hard, i am doing it at the mo and you need to be prepared for the skinny bitch inside of you saying "chocolate, i need fatty foods now!" at particularly bad times
  • Options
    without motivation and willpower it just wont work. it doesnt seem that you are truly wanting this...Maybe taking a before picture of yourself and set yourself some REALISTIC goals?? Dieting is so hard, i am doing it at the mo and you need to be prepared for the skinny bitch inside of you saying "chocolate, i need fatty foods now!" at particularly bad times

you can have fatty foods, this is not the main problem. The chocolate itself, which contains vast amounts of sugar is the problem. If you make yourself some guacamole (avocados have a pretty high fat content), it would do little to make you fat. Cut out the sugars primarily, that's the most important thing.
  • Options
    What type of activities do you enjoy? To get started exercising, especially if you don't particularly enjoy it, you don't have to go to the gym and end up in a sweaty mess, you can start off by doing activities that you like.

Perhaps just a stroll around a pond with cute animals. Maybe something relaxing like yoga or I see a lot of people doing this thing called "zumba" which I think is some sort of dancing...

Don't think of exercise as a chore or even as exercise, find something that you enjoy that gets you moving, even a little bit.