Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Youth Action funding available!!

LauraOLauraO Posts: 535 Incredible Poster
:wave: everyone,

I saw this opportunity to get funding for projects to improve your local community, and thought I’d share in case anyone was interested :thumb: All details below

Do you have an idea that would make a real difference in your community? Do you know what it takes to make a positive change to the people around you?

If you’re based in Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Leeds, London Kensington & Chelsea, London Westminster, Manchester or Edinburgh then UK and Starbucks have an amazing opportunity for you to get involved in youth action!

UK Youth and Starbucks are working together during 2011 to roll out a programme called ‘Youth Action’ which gives you the opportunity to access up to £10,000 seed funding for ideas which will help improve your local community. You will also get help from some local Starbucks employees to put your ideas into practice and skills training from UK Youth.

For more information and to apply you can visit www.starbucksyouthaction.co.uk. There is also the invite and application form attached.

If you do submit an application form you will need to attend a Community Change training day which will give you skills and knowledge to complete the next round of applications.

The training days for the cities are:
Leeds - Thursday June 2nd
Westminster - Friday June 3rd
Bristol - Friday June 3rd
Kensington and Chelsea - Saturday June 4th
Manchester - Saturday 11th June
Birmingham - Saturday 18th June
Cardiff - Saturday 25th June
Edinburgh – Date TBC in June

The deadline for the applications has now been extended to the 31st May

Comments

• LauraOLauraO Posts: 535 Incredible Poster
    To those of you who might be interested in this I just wanted to let you know that the deadline has been extended to 24th June :thumb: so you have a bit more time to think about it and get an application together if you wanted to :)