Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

don't you hate it...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Don't you hate it when people tell you why you shouldn't be unhappy? It's so unbelievably patrionbising and horrible when someone who doesn't know anything about your private life or issues basically are almost taking away a huge chunk of your life, i don't know if this makes any sense, because arguably tht shoulf be a good thing;... but ARGH it drives me insane, they don't even want to try to understand, if they were'nt going to try they shouldn't get involved!!! sorry for the insane rant i just wanted to get it out

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yes it's bullshit. There are people I don't talk to about my depression any more because they don't see that it's a randomly allocated illness like 'flu and not a response to my social situation.

I am happy to have a loving girlfriend and a decent family. But I still have this illness that makes me cry a lot. OK?!

It's just a misunderstanding but it's very hurtful when it happens to you.
    It's like when you're having a bad day and don't want to smile and someone walks pass you and says "smile it may never happen", then you feel like punching them!
    They're right on a superficial level- very few of us do have anything to be upset about when you put it in the context of African famine and Mexican drug wars- but it's basically the equivalent of saying "aww, don't have cancer". It isn't quite that simple.