Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What do they mean?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Had an argument yesterday morning via facebook chat. Haha, I know, sounds pathetic.
Anyway we both said some things, and she said 'don't bother trying to call me or text me', which she has said before. I haven't really spoken to her since, other than a message to say good luck in exams.
Does she mean she doesn't want me to contact her until she contacts me? Or, now that it's been a day, does she want me following after her apologizing? Girls are spin out. Not that I will be apologizing first.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hmmm. I would interpret that as "don't ... text me (unless you want to apologise)" so if you're not intending to apologise then I'd leave it.

The unspoken rules of girl conversation flummox me as well and I'm meant to be one of them!
    Hmm, yeah it's a spin out. I always seem to be the one who gives in and apologises. I think I'll push my luck and wait. Surely she'll have to cave sooner or later. Or is that a bad move? Haha.
    You'd be amazed at the resilience of a woman (who believes she's been) scorned! Good luck.
    If you text you'll be in the wrong but if you don't text you'll still be in the wrong! We women are strange creatures. If you want an easy life then I'd text apologising, the longer you leave it the more pissed off she'll get...never piss an already annoyed woman off!
    Nah, I'd take her literally. At least you have an excuse then. Since it cannot be expected for a girl to apologize, I assume you won't talk for quite some time, before she chats you up acting as if nothing ever happened.
    Bitches be trippin', yo.

Seriously: Whatever you decide to do, don't make the decision with your dick.
    I would base your decision on how much this girl matters to you. If she matters then swallow your pride and apolgise, because life is too short for petty arguments and grudges. You don't have to apologise for your position in the argument, nor do you have to admit that you are wrong. You can simply apologise for thing having gotten out of hand, and hopefully she might respond in kind.

If you're not really that bothered about contact with this girl then I'd just leave it, and chances are it will fizzle into nothingness.
    Bitches be trippin', yo.

Seriously: Whatever you decide to do, don't make the decision with your dick.

exactly. In all seriousness, if you decide to apologize, wait and whack off before, if you still feel like apologizing afterwards, do it, if not, then you know why.
    If you want an easy life then I'd text apologising, the longer you leave it the more pissed off she'll get...never piss an already annoyed woman off!

True; but OTOH, texting straight away probably isn't a good idea either.
    Hi pill 'ed,

As stu147 suggested, it depends on how you feel about this girl - and what the fight was about. Every girl means something different, and in this case it could mean anything, but perhaps it's up to you to decide what it means to you.

Surviving fights within couples can have its difficulties, yet it can also mean you learn more about the other person. For example you could see how you feel being apart from her due to this, and her from you. But if you are keen and want to sort it out, it's always good to make the first move ;)
    let her stew for 24 hours and then send her flowers or revision brownies (not necessarily with an apology)

ETA I think she's forgiven you though - but you should buy the flowers or brownies anyway as they are nice to receive as random presents
    Wyetry wrote: »
    let her stew for 24 hours and then send her flowers or revision brownies (not necessarily with an apology)

ETA I think she's forgiven you though - but you should buy the flowers or brownies anyway as they are nice to receive as random presents

I agree that they are nice, but much nicer received than sent. So wait until she sends you flowers or brownies.

Or what I want to say, don't apologize just so "it all goes away", just do it if you think you did something wrong.
    Ahh but tactically especially if you give brownies they are good to share - but i'm also a feeder
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    Surely she'll have to cave sooner or later.

You've got no chance mate. Waiting for a woman to cave first is like waiting for a pig to fly past your window. Unless she's done something blatantly and obviously wrong, ie cheated on you, it won't happen....ever....lol