Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What Should I do?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So I've got a boyfriend as which I've been having an off and on relationship with for 2 years. His cousin just recently moved into town and we've been hitting it off pretty well, better than I've ever had with my boyfriend. We've gone out a few times as friends, but then one time while we were seeing a movie he kissed me.
The problem is, my bf and him are really close, but i've started to have feelings for his cousin. I don't want their relationship to halt, but I'm starting to really like this dude more than my current bf.
Should I break up with my bf and go out with his cousin? Or should I just stay like that. I mean, my bf's kinda a jerk as opposed to his cuz. I'm confused.
So, I'm just asking you guys's opinions. What should I do?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Since your relationship is a dead end, I would suggest breaking up anyway, regardless of further action. Furthermore I would suggest talking to his cousin, because it's him, who's close to your boyfriend, if he is willing to take the risk to lose a friendship in the process. No need to be selfless, if your cousin does not care and would go with you without batting an eyelid. It will suck for your boyfriend, a lot, but if your cousin is willing to kiss you while you are still spoken for, and your boyfriend is a jerk anyway I can't imagine him (cousin) having a guilty conscience anyway.
    Isn't going out with the cousin just going to make everything awkward?
    Hi jamielolz_123,

Welcome to the boards :wave:

As suggested below, breaking up with your boyfriend should perhaps be based on reasons currently occurring in your relationship
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    Since your relationship is a dead end, I would suggest breaking up anyway, regardless of further action.

You mention he is "kinda a jerk" and perhaps looking at this initially can help you make the decision of whether you want to be with him anyway or not. Evidently you can look at how you feel about his cousin - and how he feels about you.

Situations like this can be very confusing, and therefore perhaps going with your heart on this one can only get you to the right place. As StrubbleS mentioned, the cousin seems to be fine with kissing you and risking hurting your boyfriend. Perhaps you could speak to him about this and see where his feeling lie?

Let us know how you get on :)
    I asked him yesterday about how he felt about breaking the relationship, and he was perfectly fine with me. :hyper: So I broke up with my boyfriend, and strangely, he was fine with it too. He said that it was my choice to do what I want and he wasn't going to let a relationship break a friendship. My ex and I are just friends now, and I'm going out with his cousin. I guess I should have done it earlier... Well thanks for your help it really was helpful! And @melian, I guess that's why I asked the question in the first place...
    Great to hear it all worked out so well and everyone is happy, it must be a relief to get it all out in the open, good luck with everything :)