Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I dont know what is going on.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
less than a week ago we had sex and now she is having off and on pains in the pelvic area. I am scared of if she has an ectopic pregnancy or just her period. She is taking the Depo-provera Shot and really not sure. That is the only symptom so if anyone can tell me what if she is or not then that would help alot. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    Could be any number of things, but an ectopic pregnancy (where an embryo implants in the fallopian tubes rather than in the womb) is really not likely.

It could be her period, it could be a pregnancy, it could be cystitis, it could be any number of things. If she's worried go to the doctor.
  • Options
    Maybe it's genital herpes... She should go check a doctor asap, because it will only get worse if she let's it go longer.
  • Options
    Hey there Rawrfire :wave:

It sounds like you're pretty worried so it's great that you're reaching out to try and figure out what might be casuing her pain. If she's still having pain then an easy first port of call would be to give NHS Direct a call on 0845 46 47 - their nurses are really friendly over the phone and they'll help you to figure out the next step. They also have an online symptom checker that she could follow: https://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/CheckSymptoms/SATs/femalesexualhealth.aspx

As the others have said it could be any number of things but best to get it checked out by a medical professional to be sure. Would she be able to make an appointment to see her GP?

Another option would be Brook - the sexual health charity - if she's under 25 she can call, text or email them through their Ask Brook service: https://www.askbrook.org.uk/

Hope she feels better soon *hug*