Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Born This Way - new Lady Gaga album

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
You can stream it (three times) from the Metro here.

What do you reckon? I don't much like Born This Way or Judas (lazy and faux-provocative), but the rest of the album is better.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Born This Way is catchy, but its crap with its overexposure. Judas is annoying. Okay beat, but the lyrics are the worst she has ever written. I'll listen to the album at some other point (Her "Monsters" make me hate her, even though she is self contraindicating a lot.) I like Britney's new album though, even though that is quite lazy with the whole love/dance floor/media themes most modern songs have.
    god i can't listen to that 'Judas' song without picturing Tunafish. Thank you Scott Mills!

Tunnnna! Tuna ah ah!
  • Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    "Lady" gaga can die in a fire for all I care. "Her" albums are bollocks and so is "her" "music".
    Why quote her? She's female...
    There were some questions about her gender a while back.

I'm in two minds about this album. I really liked the last one but this is... all right.
    Yeah, I know but thought everybody knew she wasn't a man, even when it was reported that she was. I listened to a few previews on iTunes. She's really struggling to make good music now.
    JavaKrypt wrote: »
    She's really struggling to make good music now.

It just takes longer than she's been allowed to make a really good second album.