Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

should i end it now

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey all

sorry I haven't been on in ages laptop has been broke :( I hope yous all are ok

So just started seeing this woman she is older then me I don't know if I like her yet still early days but she's looking to settle down and have a family I'm not ready for all that yet

I've told her that but she still wants to see each other but I think she just wants to see each other cause she thinks she can't get anyone else

so is it better to call it off now and stay friends or just see how things go?

Comments

• Options
    Be completely honest about where you are right now and if she's up for carrying on, play it by ear.
  • Options
    I think you need to both sit down and discuss what it is you want. It's no good for either of you if you both want different things.
  • Options
    I am just breaking up with my partner of nearly 10 years and he desperately wants children and always did. We tried once and I lost it and was not prepared to go through that again. I am now too old to have children and he has now left me for a younger more fertile woman.
    Be very clear about what you want. Is she hoping that you will get involved and then come around to her way of thinking?
    At least she was honest enough to tell you her feelings about having a family which gives you the option to have your say.
    What sort of relationship are you looking for?
  • Options
    I'm sorry to hear about your lost :(

I told her that I just want a casual relationship nothing serious she says she's happy with that but I think she hoping for me to come around thinking her way witch isn't going to happen

Don't get me wrong I would love to have kids one day and settle down just not now I'm still young and not ready to settle down now

I'm just thinking should we end it now and still be friends before someone gets hurt?
  • Options
    That sounds like a sensible decision. If things develope, in time, she may the woman to settle down and have a family with, but it should be a mutual decision and you should not feel pressured.
    Good luck.