Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Xbox live account hacked? need dire help!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Mainly aimed at people who have xbox live accounts with a card registered.

Well my brothers account got hacked and it had our dads credit card details on. my question is can they actually use that card to buy stuff with? or would my dads bank pick up theyve spent alot of money on microsoft points and block his card?

Until we phone them up tomorrow we cant do anything and my brother is getting threats over xbox live saying hes buying microsoft points.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If it is a credit card then your father is protected from any fraud, providing he tells the bank straight away. All banks have 24-hour fraud hotlines for credit cards, so even at 3am he can notify them what's happened. The bank will block the credit card.

If a transaction is fraudulent then your dad should be OK- technically it's the credit card company's money, not his. If it's a debit card things are different, though.
    As said, you'd have CC insurance so you can claim it back on fraudulent purchases. There's no real point even phoning Microsoft over closing the LIVE account to stop purchases because they're useless at "support".
    its a very good idea to block ur online transactions whenever we need a online transaction we can unblock it for the particular time and then again block it........:crazyeyes
    its a very good idea to block ur online transactions whenever we need a online transaction we can unblock it for the particular time and then again block it........:crazyeyes

You do realise thats terribly time consuming.