Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

MoodGYM

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
well . maybe this isn't quite the right place to post this......but hey ill leave that decision to the mods :D

A family friend has had anxiety/ stress problems and been given pills for depression lately...her doctor also told her to use this website.....after i was chatting to her the other day she suggested i try it out...... So i did.
It seems pretty good.. should i mention it is "A free self help program to teach cognitive behaviour therapy skills to people vulnerable to depression and anxiety."

you have to sign up (its free) and first of all answer a quiz, to work out your mental state or something like that..
Ive just completed it.. been told "RESULTS FOR THE DEPRESSION TEST

In the HIGH TO VERY HIGH RANGE." and been given links in case i feel suicidal or that im going crazy.and also told to seek help of a mental health pro.
Well ill stick out the program as long as possible.. and i guess ill try to keep you guys posted :D if anybody decides to do this too, then hoping we can all talk about our progress together? :)

http://moodgym.anu.edu.au/moodgym

Comments

• Options
    second quiz...
    "RESULTS FOR THE ANXIETY TEST

In the HIGH TO VERY HIGH RANGE."
    Well im doing well so far! :P

and the 'Warpy Thoughts test' results...
    The need for approval from others 12%
    The need to be loved 14%
    The need to succeed 17%
    The need to be perfect 16%
    The sense of being able
    to influence/be responsible for
    other people's emotional reactions 16%
    Happiness is contingent upon external things 13%
    The sense of feeling deserving 12%
  • Options
    MoodGYM has had some good recommendations in the past. Don't take the tests too seriously just work with the programme and liaise with your GP to check your progress.
  • Options
    How is it going for you TryingToBeStrong?
This discussion has been closed.