Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

raver like me

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
hey all, where can a raver like me get his fix in London?? i came from aus almost 2 months ago and apart from going to amsterdam for defqon next month, i cant find any hard dance clubs...sydney had a few so i thought clubs like this would be easy to find in london. any ideas?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Pill'ed may be a long in a while to help with this one...

Sadly quite a lot of really good clubs have closed their doors in the last few years, but there are still a few about and also some bars in soho have good basement clubs. Have you checked out SE1 near London bridge?
  • Options
    no i havnt but i will have a look. yer soho seems like the kinda place. i think i may need to mingle with the locals to find the kind of underground clubs. thanks for the advice
  • Options
    I know people who spend a lot of time in rave clubs so there must be a scene in London. In terms of mainstream clubs that consider themselves part of the rave scene, I guess the places to look would be Fabric (Farringdon) or Ministry of Sound (Elephant and Castle)
  • Options
    Back in the day time out used to have a good club listing section. Also i very much doubt that you would find a club playing that sort of music in soho - which tends to be too cheesy - I used to to go lots in hackney/dalston and brixton. Once you've found one though its fairly easy to get into the scene and get fliers for other stuff going on.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    topimage.jpg

http://www.freeformation.co.uk/

Good events put on by Sharkey and Kev Energy
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    You best source of everything rave is http://www.ush.net/ravin/events/index.php
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Wyetry wrote: »
    Back in the day time out used to have a good club listing section. Also i very much doubt that you would find a club playing that sort of music in soho

Mainly, but some hidden ones about...
  • Options
    I haven't been to a rave/dance party in about a year, due to not knowing anyone who goes, but I'm off to this place in a few weeks. It's not really 'hard dance', but mostly psytrance/goa, world dance and a lovely chill out room. It's an aquired taste obviously, but I like it because it's so non-pretentious, safe and you don't get hassled by the bouncers if you wanna lie down.

wyg-flyer-52_L.jpg

As a student, I used to go to Access all Areas to find places to go.

I'm more in to the hippy type events though. I'd love to try other places, so will keep an eye on this thread.
  • Options
    Skive wrote: »
    topimage.jpg

http://www.freeformation.co.uk/

Good events put on by Sharkey and Kev Energy

That was a very good night! :thumb:
  • Options
    Namaste wrote: »
    I haven't been to a rave/dance party in about a year, due to not knowing anyone who goes, but I'm off to this place in a few weeks. It's not really 'hard dance', but mostly psytrance/goa, world dance and a lovely chill out room. It's an aquired taste obviously, but I like it because it's so non-pretentious, safe and you don't get hassled by the bouncers if you wanna lie down.

wyg-flyer-52_L.jpg

As a student, I used to go to Access all Areas to find places to go.

I'm more in to the hippy type events though. I'd love to try other places, so will keep an eye on this thread.

Oh my life i used to go to whiry-y-gig when we were about 16/17 I cant' believe its still going