Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Simple Displeasures

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Ballerina wrote: »
    And fb drama in general. There's nothing more annoying than people posting attention seeking cryptic statuses so then they're flocked with loads of comments going 'you ok?' ect and then refuse to talk about it. And people aiming catty statuses at each other. Grow up!!

:yes:
    That makes me chuckle. A status of *sigh* or similar. OMG WHAT'S UP!?!?!

I've got a great one of these people on my facebook. Constant vaguebooking, posting thinly veiled messages to men who've wronged her. One time she changed her status to "oh please god, please, no no no", to which nobody responded, which I found truly hilarious.

After a long and protracted break-up with someone, which we had all had to sort of piece together from her vague status updates, one day she posted "louise is loving the karma!" To which I commented, "I prefer a tikka masala myself". That cheered me up, though she wasn't too amused.
    jamelia wrote: »
    I've got a great one of these people on my facebook. Constant vaguebooking, posting thinly veiled messages to men who've wronged her. One time she changed her status to "oh please god, please, no no no", to which nobody responded, which I found truly hilarious.

The aloofness of vaguebookers is doubly funny. As if vaguebooking + aloofness = profundity.
    I am guilty of writing statuses (stati?) like that. But that's more because I'm ranting and am not looking for anyone to say anything as such.
    Also people who constantly talk about the same thing in their stauses. One of my friends had a baby last year and I'm not kidding around 4-6 times a day she pops up in my feed saying that she loves her baby. Yeah...we know. Or people that constantly put soppy stauses about their other half :yuck:
    Also people who constantly talk about the same thing in their stauses. One of my friends had a baby last year and I'm not kidding around 4-6 times a day she pops up in my feed saying that she loves her baby. Yeah...we know.

one of the women i went to school with is like this. When she first had her son she kept putting statuses saying things like "*** has fallen asleep with my nipple in his mouth" it was just way too much info.
    one of the women i went to school with is like this. When she first had her son she kept putting statuses saying things like "*** has fallen asleep with my nipple in his mouth" it was just way too much info.

:lol: this friend is always like 'I love my coth bummed, breast fed, co sleeping baby' like doing everything au naturale makes her a better mum or something? :confused: I don't really understand baby talk though.
    Also people who constantly talk about the same thing in their stauses. One of my friends had a baby last year and I'm not kidding around 4-6 times a day she pops up in my feed saying that she loves her baby. Yeah...we know. Or people that constantly put soppy stauses about their other half :yuck:

I must be lucky then:

A friend will sometimes talk about his son; but not all the time. He does count down something. So, it's basically 7 weeks of him counting down some random stuff that hardly anyone understands.
    I had some milkshake around mid day. I still have the after taste of milk in my mouth.:yuck:

I presume that **** is her baby, otherwise that would be TMI for another reason.
    I presume that **** is her baby, otherwise that would be TMI for another reason.

:thumb: you do make me laugh
    eating so much that you are the next 5 hours immobile and your tummy is bloated like hell and you feel a bit sick.

This made me laugh...
    :yes: sooo annoying!
    splinters >_<
    Waking up in the middle of a good dream. Although I'm not sure how I worried I should be that I was dreaming about Alice in Wonderland...
    inability to fucking sleep.
    I know people cant help sneezing but that over exaggerated gasp noise some people make before they sneeze really gets on my tits haha
    Asking someone to hurry up, and they just slow down further.
    choking on your own drool.
    Having dark body hair that grows back too quickly.
    Dog sticking his knee / elbow where it hurts.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Getting excited about something and finding out that you can't do it (yet) in the last moment.
    Reeeeeeally wanting to buy something but not being able to afford it, go back the next week when you can and it's sold out in your size :banghead:
    Snoring dog
    People who agree to something one day, fully commit to it, then just totally, utterly and completely change their mind the next and in doing so leave you royally fucked.

Actually, that's more of a complicated displeasure, but a displeasure it most certainly fucking is.
    Acid reflux, that feeling of gagging and choking that wakes up up from sleep, yumm!
    Waiting for an answer, I just need to know yes or no so that I can make plans.
    Chronic diarrhoea :(
    A friend who always seem to hijack my Facebook stati and totally changes the subject.
    Being hungry in the library. I guess it's time for a toast break.