Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What's my dishwashers problem

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Seriously, whats its fucking problem! Its like having a toddler, this dishwasher - constantly needing attention.

Our crockery and glasses come out all cloudy. Glasses are worst, as its easy to see but why is it doing it?

We use some fairy 3 in 1 stuff. I put in some dishwasher cleaner earlier, Ive filled it with salt and topped it up with rinse aid and still they aren't coming out gleaming!!!!

Anyone got any ideas? Its driving me mad

Comments

• Options
    'Might' be the temperature.When we moved here the was a dishawasher had exactly the same problem, everything covered in a slightly cloudy water. Did the salt etc, no good, so put it on the super duper industrial wash with one of those cleaning bottles you can buy, and it didn't get hot enough to melt the seal, so it could be that.
  • Options
    cal i dont have a dishwasher but this thread just made me giggle out loud :D whats its problem?!
  • Options
    Hey there Calvin,

I have never had a dishwasher so I'm not sure what could be wrong. But I've heard that it could be the actual water pipes that are blocked/dirty... could this be a problem with your washing machine? And if so, do you know how to get them checked/cleaned?

:)
  • Options
    Also you need to check that the rinse aid etc are set to the right release rate for the area you live in - you'd need a manual to tell you how to do it - but they release at different rates for hard and soft water.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,284 Skive's The Limit
    Take one of your cloudy glasses and soak it in vinegar for five to ten minutes. If the cloudiness disappears then you have a hard water problem.

If it doesn't it may be that your using to much detergent, and the cloudiness is caused by residue from the detergent foaming up too much.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Sorted. Thanks peeps. Apparently it doesn't like having a full bag of salt poured into it.
  • Options
    I thought you liked people to empty their bigs bags of salty goodness into your opening ;)