Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What Are They?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello all,

I have been living with this problem for literally years now; on my pubic area I have got these red olive shaped lumps, described below;
1x Above the base of the penis (1 Inch Length, 1/2 Inch Width) REALLY SORE
2x Just under belt line, above penis (Pinky Fingernail Size) SORE IF TOUCHED

I have had many of these, some in the same place, some in others - but all in the pubic area. I am wondering if there are any clues as to what these are? It hurts to walk, bend over and sit down cross legged. I cannot put any pressure on the first bump.

An exact description of the biggest bump follows:
- Skin colour on outside on a gradient to PURPLE on the inside
- Dry skin in the center of the bump
- Agonising to touch
- 1 Inch Length
- 1/2 Inch Width
- 1/2 Inch Depth

Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi there Skanking Pie,

It might be worth visiting your doctor to get these checked out, especially if they are as sore as you describe. Noone on here is medically trained so we can't really give you an idea about what these might be.

There's a bit of info here about going to your doctor and how to get the most out of it.

If you think it might be a sexually transmitted infection (if you have had unprotected sex in the past) then another option could be to go to a GUM clinic. We've got a virtual tour here.

Hope they help a bit,

Fostress
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    sounds like an ulcer. i used to get them on me bum cause by the hepes virus, though now take medication to supress the virus, but it's definitely something you need an exact diagnosis on.