Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

happy and then few minutes later sad

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi sometime im happy for a while then next im sad and some times when i feel sad i dont no why or u get times where it nothing but sadness. when i feel sad everyone feels it i cant help it tho:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    hi

You feel sad because that what you choose to feel in your hearts and mind. Its a psychological problem. Try not to think of those things that can make you sad or perhaps dont even think that you are sad.
    Hi there catz,

Hope you are feeling ok today. You say that sometimes you are happy and sometimes sad, sometimes for no reason at all. Although this doesnt sound very nice, it's actually quite normal. Lot's of different things can affect our moods - including hormones (especially if you are going through puberty), pmt, how tired or stressed we are (feeling tired can make you emotional and more likely to have mood swings), if we have been drinking, or an emotional reaction to something you read or something on TV. It doesnt mean there is anything wrong with you - and there isnt always a reason why you feel sad. You might find it helpful to have a look at this article here - why am I in such a bad mood? - although the website is for the states - there's a good explanation of mood swings and suggestions for how to overcome them.

We've also got an article on TheSite.org mood swings.

It can be helpful to notice when you feel sad and think about whether there is anything external causing it - for example, are you tired or is it just before your period?

It's also useful to think about things you like doing which can help you feel a bit better. For example, reading a book or magazine, watching a certain TV programme, doing some exercise or having a sleep. Often, once you start doing something, your mood can pass.

*hug*
    Hey, welcome to TheSite.org, do you have depression? Sometimes depression can be the cause of mood swings and upsetness a lot it can also be while youare going through the stagies of your body changing - (Puberty) Because your body has to gothrough changes which can cause your hormones to go all over the place *hug*