Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Module Selection

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Next week I need to select the 4 elective modules I'll study alongsie the remaining modules I'm required to study by the Law Society of Scotland. However, it would appear that between this time last year and now all the modules that attracted me to the University have dissapeared and are no longer offered and what remains are modules in areas of law that I have no interest in or desire to study such as Banking Law, Financial Regulation, Sports Law and Insurance Law.

My interest lies in public law and every single module that the university offer from their limited selection are from areas of the private law. We're not permitted to take any modules outside of Law either so having a look at what other schools and departments offer isn't really an option.

Any advice?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Can you move uni and transfer your completed credits?
  • Options
    Given that I've already moved from one University to another at the start of this academic year (due to health problems) I don't think the other universities in the area would consider an application (and that's based on info from an admissions tutor I know at one of the universities I would have considered). I'm really stuck where I am and stuck doing modules that I have no interest in and don't relate to the career I hope to have upon graduation.

I suspect that funding cuts to Higher Education might have something to do with it - not enough money to run a wider selection of courses and of course beyond the requirements of the LSS the existing staff will run courses that meet their own interests. So much for the route to qualification becoming more flexible and student centred.