Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What do you order on a date?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Drink wise?

When im out with my friends I drink things like malibu, jack daniels, southern comfort etc but when in a date type situation with a guy i feel bad for ordering this type of thing, either because they're quite expensive drinks (even though i always buy him a drink back), or because its the middle of the day for example.

I dont really like beer or cider so i end up getting something like a shandy or a coke and then get asked 'is that all you're having?'

Gals what do you order on a date and guys, do you care what she gets?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Lexi99 wrote: »
    Drink wise?

When im out with my friends I drink things like malibu, jack daniels, southern comfort etc but when in a date type situation with a guy i feel bad for ordering this type of thing, either because they're quite expensive drinks (even though i always buy him a drink back), or because its the middle of the day for example.

I dont really like beer or cider so i end up getting something like a shandy or a coke and then get asked 'is that all you're having?'

Gals what do you order on a date and guys, do you care what she gets?

I'd be happy for the girl to order whatever drink she likes to drink. It may stand out to me if my associations with the drink that she orders totally clash with my perceptions of her personality, but then that wouldn't make any actual difference to the date or to my liking her.

I don't drink alcohol myself, due to circumstance, so I'd be on the coke or orange juice, lol. At least I'm always good for a lift home :)
    I would order whatever I normally drink for that time of day.

Keep it real :thumb:
    I would order whatever I normally drink for that time of day.

Keep it real :thumb:

me too.

You could always learn to drink cider, it's a great drink?
    No its gross :yuck:
    Wine, usually. Definitely with a meal and for some of the evening. Then would probably switch to vodka and coke or something. If it was the middle of the day, probably still wine!
    i really know what you mean! its easy for boys because they can usually just get a pint or whatever and its not mega expensive, whereas i feel cheeky ordering a spirit. i dont even have any advice ha. iv recently started liking beers like coronas etc so id probably just ask for one of them.
    get whatever you like and pay for it yourself.
    Lexi99 wrote: »
    No its gross :yuck:

The nice stuff is lovely, some of it's gross though, I'll give you that.
    Bless you for even worrying about it! Just ask for whatever it is you want, drink prices aren't disparate enough for any reasonable person to care. I wouldn't be fussed what you ordered.
    I always order malibu/amaretto as they're the only things I'm guranteed to like! Not a big wine fan so I'd rather enjoy my drink than politely sipping some manky cheap wine. I don't think they mind paying for one or two.
    A nice fruity cocktail in an effort to show my macho side, of course.
    APPLETINI!!...

usually archers and lemonade everytiiiime
    APPLETINI!!...

I do like archers and lemonade, thats also a good one to have if you're in a pub at lunchtime or something
    Depends how posh you're being. I'd be a bit WTF if someone ordered a JD and coke to go with a beautiful dinner out- I'd think they have a poor palate- but other than that get what you enjpy.

:p
    If i fancy him then ---

if he fancies me he can have what he wants

if he doesn't fancy me then something to hide the Rohypnol
    Depends how posh you're being. I'd be a bit WTF if someone ordered a JD and coke to go with a beautiful dinner out- I'd think they have a poor palate- but other than that get what you enjpy.

This....

Nice, "posh" meal then a wine, or champagne. However my favourite I hate to say is a sparking rose pinot

Nice but informal, beer usually, maybe a cocktail to finish off.

V informal usually a beer
    For me it depends on the situation. As others have said, if it's a nice meal out then probably a glass of wine. Still nice but a bit more casual then probably a cocktail and if it's really casual, a pint of cider.

That said, the first date I went on with my ex, he was drinking cocktails and I was drinking pints so there's not really a set drink for men/women I guess!
    Dinner: Wine
    After/before dinner: Martini
    Daytime (not drinking): Lemonade
    I don't like wine or hardly any champanges. I don't like beer either. I'll drink what I like, so a wide range of ciders, few cocktails, Jack Daniels, Schnapps, Baileys, Pimms, things like that. I'll even have WKDs, Sminoffs etc, if we go to a club afterwards for a dance, for ease of drinking mostly.
    passion fruit martini, wine or champagne...if its a nice place, otherwise probably a vodka cranberry.

I wish i still got taken out on dates :(
    awwww you should get your husband to take you out on some!

i was all prepared to answer this as if it was a food question to which the answers would have been Fois Gras, rare steak and chips with a really nice salad and a pot au chocolate.

To drink i would go with a Malbec

Or maybe a Gin and Tonic
    Wyetry wrote: »
    awwww you should get your husband to take you out on some!

i was all prepared to answer this as if it was a food question to which the answers would have been Fois Gras, rare steak and chips with a really nice salad and a pot au chocolate.

To drink i would go with a Malbec

Or maybe a Gin and Tonic
    mmmmm apart from the G&T i would looooooove all of that!

As for the dates, he takes me out but it just isnt the same :(
    I would drink what i'm in the mood for, like HF, i do like sparkling rose heh, and have now been introduced to all the lovely NZ wines so maybe a cab sav or sav blanc yum. I also LOVE cider mmmmmm and have developed a taste for beer too... so whatever really!
    Normally, i avoid the heavy food on the date...
    I order just cold drinks and tea..
    Whittier Gym
    how about white cider, really show them your classy :p