Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

is she wrong or am i? :S

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I went out with this guy for nearly 2 years, he was my first boyfriend.
I broke up with him about 6 months ago, but he's started seeing one of my closest friends.

is it understandable that i'm upset, or am i just being self-centred?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It's understandable that you're upset, but you broke up a while ago and you should probably try and step back and be a bit more reasonable. If you're still keen on him then it's not going to be fun seeing him with one of your mates, but equally what they're doing isn't unreasonable so you're going to have to learn to put up with it.
    I was confused.
    No you are not wrong about it. Of course this sucks. Among many males there is this unwritten rule to never date a mate's ex. It just sucks.
    I agree with Scary. It's totally natural to feel upset because someone is stepping into a place that was once sacred for you. It's slightly more acidic that this person is your close friend. However, they are not doing anything wrong by seeing each other because they are both free agents. Your relationship with him ended 6 months ago as you say.

I would consider it respectful that one or other of them had told you before they got too far into things, but again they didn't need to necessarily. If they DID tell you then they've been as sensitive about it as they can to be honest. I also assume that they won't rub your nose in it.