Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

size/weight/me

Annaarrr!!Annaarrr!! Posts: 876 Part of The Mix Family
i'm really sorry im posting another thread.
im watching a program atm and i'm now absolutely terrified of eating. seriously its like this massive wave has just crashed over me and i feel so fat and i want to punch walls and scream and i dont know why the fuck why this has happened.

i havent felt like this is a very long time and i dont like it. i feel really hungry but its like my head is doing everything it can to stop me from getting food.

sorry bout this its just really pissed me off and i dont like it, and i dont know what to do about it.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    don't be sorry for posting another thread- that's what these boards are here for :)

is it a triggering programme? maybe you should change channels?

Do you feel able to eat anything at all, maybe when you are not watching the television? Even if it is a banana or something healthy? *hug*
  • Annaarrr!!Annaarrr!! Posts: 876 Part of The Mix Family
    its already finished, supersize vs superskinny..
    i just feel fat now, i just feel sick thinking about food.
    i look fat and its disgusting, if i eat anything im just gonna balloon to ridiculous sizes.
    eugh, this is horrible.
    that programme is a bit horrid.
    I know it may not help, but can you try and reason with your head- that one piece of fruit will not make you put on weight? Neither will one peice of fruit and a sandwich etc?
    but it will wont it...
    i dont know anymore, i hate being fat.
    its horrid knowing someone could look at you and laugh.
    i just wanna be nice.
    i want everything to be right, and how can it be if i cant even make me right
    no, it won't make you fat. The average person needs 2000 calories per day, so it will not make a difference to your weight, but will stop you being hungry. Even if that doesn't make sense to you, you have to trust me.
    I bet you are beautiful. :yes:
    i can't, i physically cant eat.
    and me? beautiful? hahhaaa, im sorry if it sounds like i'm being a total bitch atm, but im not beautiful. im really not and i hate to be called it because its all lies.
    your body actually needs a certain amount of calories just to do the basic stuff - Theres a certain amount youd burn even if you were in a coma. Its something like 1300-ish, so no, you could eat a hell of a lot more than a piece of fruit and still lose weight.
    Its not as simple as you eat something you gain.
    You NEED to take in a certain amount each day to stop your body pretty much eating itself from the inside, and i dont just mean fat.
    To gain a pound of fat youd need to eat an excess of 3500 calories over the top of what your resting rate is, so if its purely down to worrying about gaining weight, then you can safely eat that piece of fruit and/or sandwich.

I do understand that it probably goes much deeeper than that though
    your body actually needs a certain amount of calories just to do the basic stuff - Theres a certain amount youd burn even if you were in a coma. Its something like 1300-ish, so no, you could eat a hell of a lot more than a piece of fruit and still lose weight.
    Its not as simple as you eat something you gain.
    You NEED to take in a certain amount each day to stop your body pretty much eating itself from the inside, and i dont just mean fat.
    To gain a pound of fat youd need to eat an excess of 3500 calories over the top of what your resting rate is, so if its purely down to worrying about gaining weight, then you can safely eat that piece of fruit and/or sandwich.

I do understand that it probably goes much deeeper than that though

I think that this is very wise advice, I really do.

I don't know how deep your issues with weight run, but obviously it is something that really affects both your objectivity and your rationality. You clearly can't see yourself in any kind of objective sense, which sounds ridiculous being as we are all subjective about ourself for the largest part. However, most of us can accept that while we don't like something about ourselves others may do. Nothing looks the same through our own eyes as it does through someone else's. Not the same to the n'th degree anyway.

Personally I look at your photos and I don't see anything even APPROACHING fat, but I know that will be of scant consolation to you. You feel what you feel. I do think you need some serious help with the way you think about both eating and yourself. I'd be surprised if you hadn't already sought such help or had it introduced to you by loved ones. You sound like someone who is on the verges, or in the midst of, an eating disorder. I don't want to jump to that assumption but it certainly seems that way. If this is the case then your mind is telling you things that simply aren't true, and I know how that feels. My mind tells me that certain things will make me happy, usually things that result in damage to myself or others.

If you can add any information about any kind of diagnosis or intervention that you have received then it may prove useful to the community in supporting you.