Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Welcome to the new look discussion boards!

124»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    HOLD ON ONE COTTON PICKIN' MINUTE!

Why have 300 of my posts disappeared please, mods?
    There seems to be an issue with the video embedding.

If you just use the [html][video][/html] tags, even with the "insert video" button, it shows the video as a link rather than as an embedded video. You have to manually type in [html]
    I just click the "insert video" button.
    That's what I meant, words definitely aren't my strong point today.

This is a really weird one - if anyone else notices that their user title has changed then just drop me a PM and I'll sort it :)

Franki - can you PM me about your posts - we know there is an issues with the 'find all posts' search from a profile page but just wanted to be clear what you mean. Is it that your entire post count has dropped? Let me know anyway :thumb:
    Erm, I don't seem able to reject a friend request.... And so I still have the "Notifications: 1" hanging about at the top of my screen. (I click reject and it just sort of does nothing).

(I just don't want to have to bother with the whole 'friends' thing)

I wonder if you can have a setting so that you don't have this friends thing. I've never bothered with it and do think it's pointless.
    Erm, I don't seem able to reject a friend request.... And so I still have the "Notifications: 1" hanging about at the top of my screen. (I click reject and it just sort of does nothing).

OK, I'm an idiot. I didn't tick the box :blush:
    It's still doing the weird thing where it says there's another page and there isn't. Good news thread is the main place I see it.
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I don't know if this has been discussed but I have lost 200 posts somewhere. Were threads deleted?

Edit: I mean that my post count has gone down by 200. I am not normally one to notice these things but I remembered passing 10,000 the other week and was lamenting all my wasted time on here.
    I think Franki mentioned the same problem too.
    On the old style, if you clicked reply with quote, it took you to the main reply things - where you have the smilies, etc. Now, it takes you to quick reply?
    I know it's an extra click but when you're in quick reply you can just hit 'go advanced' to take you to the full reply page :thumb:
    I don't know if this has been discussed but I have lost 200 posts somewhere. Were threads deleted?

Edit: I mean that my post count has gone down by 200. I am not normally one to notice these things but I remembered passing 10,000 the other week and was lamenting all my wasted time on here.

Hey littlemissy - this has been brought up by Franki and others so we're aware of the problem - it's part of a larger issue with search and an incomplete index that we're scheduling in time to fix - we'll keep you posted :)
    Thanks Jo. Why is the "last edited" thing so big now? Before, it was tiny.
    I've not read all this so it may have been reported already, but on "vision in violet - wide" at least, the screen does not collapse very well if you make the window too narrow. Most bits are ok, but the very top menu bar for sex & relationships, health .. etc. falls down and almost merges with the menu below it.
    Mist wrote: »
    I've not read all this so it may have been reported already, but on "vision in violet - wide" at least, the screen does not collapse very well if you make the window too narrow. Most bits are ok, but the very top menu bar for sex & relationships, health .. etc. falls down and almost merges with the menu below it.

Well if you make the window narrow then surely you need to use the not wide version of vision in violet :P
    Hola. I've been lurking a bit lately and noticed the changes. What I want to ask about is the "nominate" button. I've seen it mentioned in here but no one has said what it does. Is it The Site's version of a rep button, or what are we "nominating" posts for? I'm puzzling over this, and thought I'd just ask.
    Hola. I've been lurking a bit lately and noticed the changes. What I want to ask about is the "nominate" button. I've seen it mentioned in here but no one has said what it does. Is it The Site's version of a rep button, or what are we "nominating" posts for? I'm puzzling over this, and thought I'd just ask.

Report button for reporting problematic posts. Nominate button for nominating an individual post which you think should be post of the week.
    Ah-ha, a post of the week!

Thank you. :)
    Sorry for the double post but I have another question. No matter what I do, the style won't stay the same from visit to visit. I always set it to Vision in Violet, because I heart purple, but now it's always set to Red Revolution when I first arrive at the site. Is there a way to fix that?
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Sorry for the double post but I have another question. No matter what I do, the style won't stay the same from visit to visit. I always set it to Vision in Violet, because I heart purple, but now it's always set to Red Revolution when I first arrive at the site. Is there a way to fix that?
    Are you setting it from this page or the bottom left of each page? The latter way isn't permanent.
    Any further on with the video issue?
    Are you setting it from this page or the bottom left of each page? The latter way isn't permanent.

I was using that page. When I logged in today it loaded up all purpley like it's supposed to, though. Dunno what the problem was before... *scratches head*
    We've created a new thread to update on all of these issues: http://vbulletin.thesite.org/showthread.php/147628-Keeping-track-of-issues-with-the-boards

Am closing this one now :)
This discussion has been closed.